Covid Community Resources
Campus and community resources to help students find support regarding COVID-19.
Free assistance is available. Meet with the Basic Needs Coordinator: schedule an appointment.
Students who either have 1) tested positive for Covid-19, 2) are symptomatic for Covid-19, or 3) who were exposed to someone with Covid-19 are asked to fill out a Covid-19 Notification Form . Those who fill out the form will be contacted by the Health Services department to discuss how to proceed.
For more information about what Covid-19 symptoms are, visit the CDC
Symptoms of Covid-19 web page
An exposure consists of close contact with someone else who has tested positive for Covid-19. Close contact is deemed as sharing the same indoor airspace for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period. For example, three individual 5-minute exposures for a total of 15 minutes altogether during an infected person's infectious period.
Instructions for Isolation & Quarantine
California Department of Public Health has published an Isolation and Quarantine Fact Sheet . These are the guidelines of which Columbia College requires faculty, staff, and students to follow.
For assistance in understanding your isolation or quarantine instructions, contact the Health Services office at (209) 588-5204.
- The Columbia College Health and Wellness Center has free at-home Covid tests for students. Come by the office to pick one up. If you are feeling unwell, call the office ahead of time at (209) 588-5283.
- To find a local pharmacy or clinic that administers COVID-19 testing, visit MyTurn.ca.gov .
- Every home in the United States is eligible to receive free at-home Covid tests in the mail. Order online or call 1-800-232-0233. For TTY, 1-888-720-7489.
- Various pharmacies including CVS, Rite Aid, and others may contract out to perform COVID-19 tests. To schedule through these pharmacies, contact their pharmacies or visit their websites online.
For in person on-site rapid antigen tests and PCR tests, the Optum Serve State performs testing at the Mother Lode Fairgrounds
at 220 Southgate Drive in Sonora
on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 7 am to 7 pm. The testing site is closed from 12 pm to 1 pm and 4 pm to 5 pm for staff breaks. Visit the
online scheduling web page
to book a testing appointment or call (888) 634-1123.
Those who test positive at the testing site will have the option of participating in Test to Treat which involves receiving a telehealth appointment with a provider to determine if they are eligible for a Covid treatment prescription.
For general questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, visit the Covid Collaborative web page. To find a local pharmacy or clinic that administers the COVID-19 vaccine, visit MyTurn.ca.gov .
Local pharmacies that schedule COVID-19 vaccination appointments:
- CVS Pharmacy, schedule an appointment online or call your local store for more information.
- Rite Aid Pharmacy, schedule an appointment online or call your local store for more information.
- Safeway Pharmacy, schedule an appointment online or call your local store for more information.
- Save Mart Pharmacy, schedule an appointment online or call your local store for more information.
- VA Clinics, schedule an appointment online or call your local VA clinic for more information.
- Groveland Pharmacy, call (209) 962-5211 for more information.
- Valley Springs Health & Wellness Center Sunrise Pharmacy, walk-in appointments only. Open Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm at 51 Wellness Way in Valley Springs.