Special Admit Students Special Admit Students

High School Students at Columbia

Columbia College may admit students who are 13 years of age or older who would benefit from advanced scholastic or vocational work according to Education Code 48800, 48800-5, and 76000 and Board Policy 5010. To be eligible for admission, a student must be in good standing with the school in which he/she is enrolled and may not enroll in more than 11 units in any term (up to 15 units for CCAP students). All applicants must complete the following:

Columbia College Admissions Application
Dual Enrollment Registration Form
California College Promise Grant (only if taking more than 11 units per term or 15 units for CCAP students). IMPORTANT: High school students taking over 11 units per term (or 15 units for CCAP) will be charged for ALL tuition and fees (excluding tuition for CCAP classes). Students with existing fees on their account may be blocked from enrolling in future terms. 

How to apply
Click on the icon above to watch an instructional video on how to apply to Columbia College!

Additional instructions for high school students who want to take college classes can be found here.                      

Students must satisfy all course prerequisites as defined in the current catalog and meet with a Counselor for advisement and course placement into Math and English (if 11th grade math and English has not been completed). Please call the Counseling Desk to schedule your appointment by calling 209-588-5109.

Columbia College requires a copy of your Official High School Transcript. Please contact your high school Registrar to obtain a copy.  Students will be able to register for classes when all of the dual enrollment steps have been completed, including emailing your completed registration form to CCdualenrollment@yosemite.edu

No special arrangements for additional supervision of underage students are available at Columbia College. It is the responsibility of the parent(s) to assure that their student is able to handle the college environment, as well as the content of the courses in which the student enrolls. The Yosemite Community College Board of Trustees waives the enrollment unit fee for high school students. Contact CCdualenrollment@yosemite.edu for more information about attending college as a high school student.

Students with Disabilities

Students with verified disabilities should complete the  DSPS application for high school students  to ensure that appropriate accommodations are made for their college coursework. If you have questions about the application or any of the available services, please call Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) at 209-588-5130.

Image result for need help

Visit our page dedicated to helping high school students apply and submit paperwork!


OU Campus Login