Transfer Credit Transfer Credit
Columbia College does not Evaluate International Transcripts
  • Lower division international courses will be accepted if evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES): The cost of the evaluation is the responsibility of the student.

College Credit from Other Institutions:

Previously earned lower division degree applicable or transfer college or university units will be accepted if the institution is accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies: Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges ( ACCJC ), Middle States Commission on Higher Education ( MSCHE ), Commission on Institutions of Higher Education, Higher Learning Commission ( HLC ), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Colleges ( SACSCOC ), WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). A maximum of 15 semester units will be allowed for courses taken by correspondence from accredited institutions. No credit will be awarded for developmental or skills classes, upper division courses, or extension courses.

  • In accordance with District policy, official college transcripts received by Columbia College will be evaluated for college credit. Transcripts received become the property of Columbia College.

  • The elective unit requirement may be met with courses from regionally accredited colleges and universities without further evaluation.
  • Program and general education requirements may be met with courses from regionally accredited colleges and universities after being evaluated through the course equivalency or course substitution process, which includes use of C-ID designations.

 Course Substitution or Waiver:

Occasionally a student may have completed a college-level course at another college that may be similar to one at Columbia College. Request for waiver or substitution of any graduation requirement must be petitioned to the Academic Review Committee. Click here for the required petition,or you can find it on the Admissions & Records website at  

For information on Policy and Procedure, please contact the Admissions and Records office at Columbia  College.






OU Campus Login