Services for Veterans
The Veterans Benefits Office welcomes you to Columbia College. Our role is to assist and support veterans and qualified dependents in accessing veterans educational benefits as well as other programs and resources.
VA Educational Benefits
Veteran students are eligible for Level 1 priority registration at Columbia College. To receive a priority registration date, a veteran student must:
Provide a copy of their DD-214 Member 4 form to the Admissions and Records office and complete the matriculation steps below:
- meet with your counselor to establish math and English placement and create an educational plan.
- complete the Columbia College online orientation.
To view which of these tasks you still need to complete, click "Registration Date & Time" on connectColumbia or contact the Counseling Office at 209-588-5109.
Veterans Resource Center
The Columbia College Veteran Resource Center, located in Toyon room 1, strives to meet veterans wherever they are in their transition from military to college life and assist by providing an inclusive community of those who understand the culture of military service. Services include:
- R & R area
- Use of computers with internet access and free printing
- Separate quiet space with a computer equipped with adaptive technology
- Drop-in counseling
- Veterans Club meetings and events