How to Apply for Note Taking Services
If you would like to receive notes for any of your classes, please complete the following steps:
- Meet with a DSPS Counselor for a Note Taker referral. Note that not all students with disabilities qualify for note taking services. Please discuss this during your appointment with your DSPS Counselor.
- Complete the Request for Note Taker Form. Please provide all the requested information.
- Once the form is submitted, a DSPS staff member will reach out to you.
- We strongly encourage students who are receiving notes to take their own notes as well. The note taker's notes are a supplemental resource to the student's own notes.
How to Become a Note Taker
Students who are interested in becoming a note taker need to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a registered Columbia College student.
- Have at least a 3.0 high school or college GPA.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to read and write legibly.
- Complete the online Application to Become a Note Taker.
- Must agree to upload typed notes into a shared Google Drive folder. DSPS will monitor this folder to ensure notes are submitted in a timely manner.