Academic, Career & Personal Development
We are dedicated to the success of our students! Our mission is provide quality services in a supportive environment to help our students identify and achieve educational, career and personal development.
Connect with a Counselor
|Drop In Services||Counseling Appointments|
Do you have a quick question that needs a quick answer? We are here for you! Drop In counseling is available Monday- Thursday 9:00am-12:00pm. Connect with our counselors by using our virtual kiosk in Starfish, calling in, or stopping by the Counseling office to get on the drop-in waitlist.
We offer 30-60 minute scheduled appointments online, over the phone as well as some in-person availability Monday - Thursday. To schedule, call or stop by the Counseling office, and current students can also schedule through the online Starfish Service Calendar.
Would a drop-in or appointment work best for you? Check out our Appointment page!
*NOTE: Starfish requires an active student email log-in. Call us at 209-588-5109 or come by the front desk if you need assistance.
With a Counselor, you can:
- Develop your educational plan to get you on track and keep you on track (Starfish)
- Plan your first or next semester courses
- Receive help with preparing to transfer to a four-year college
- Research careers related to specific certificates and degrees
- Learn strategies, techniques, and specific campus resources to help you succeed
- Receive assistance filling out petitions like graduation, transcript evaluation, academic renewal or course substitution requests
- Work with personal concerns that impact your college career
- DSPS : Disabled Student Programs & Services
- Dream Resource Center: supports all undocumented and California Dream Act eligible students
- EOPS & CARE: Extended Opportunity Program & Services and Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education
- TRIO SSS & MEOC: Student Support Services for Transfer and Degree Completion
- CalWORKS: California Work Opportunities and Responsibilities to Kids
- Veterans Benefits & Services for Veteran's and their dependents
- Interest Areas & Programs of Study - Find a path at Columbia College to reach your educational and career goals
- Priority Registration - How to get and keep a good date to register early for your classes
- How to Transfer - Learn about options to transfer to a four-year university
- Graduation Preparation - Important dates and information about graduation to ensure you’re on the right track to completing your degree or certificate
- Career & Job Exploration - Take a career assessment, explore careers, attend career fairs and interest sessions, job application assistance and more
- Academic Probation & Dismissal – Received an academic status notice but want to stay in school.
- Academic Renewal: Requirements and Filing a Petition - Qualify to remove classes with poor grades from GPA.
- Personal Counseling - Our licensed Mental Health professional provides registered students help with personal issues and concerns.