Academic, Career & Personal Development
We are dedicated to your success as a student and beyond. Our mission is to guide and support you through your educational journey and provide quality services in a supportive environment to identify and achieve educational, career and personal development.
With a Counselor, you can:
- Explore your interests and strengths
- Complete Math and English placement
- Plan first or next semester courses
- Develop your educational plan to get you on track and keep you on track (Starfish)
- Receive help with preparing to transfer to a four-year college
- Research careers related to specific certificates and degrees
- Learn strategies, techniques, and specific campus resources to help you succeed
- Receive assistance filling out petitions like graduation, transcript evaluation, academic renewal or course substitution requests
- Work with personal concerns that impact your college career
Schedule an appointment with a counselor to see how we can help! Also, be sure to explore our Special Programs to learn if you qualify for additional support and counseling services:
- EOPS & CARE: Extended Opportunity Program & Services and Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education
- DSPS: Disabled Student Programs & Services
- TRIO SSS & MEOC: Student Support Services
- CalWORKS: California Work Opportunities and Responsibilities to Kids
- VA: Veterans Benefits & Services
- Interest Areas & Programs of Study - Find a path at Columbia College to reach your educational and career goals
- Priority Registration - How to get and keep a good date to register early for your classes
- How to Transfer - Learn about options to transfer to a four-year university
- Graduation Preparation - Important dates and information about graduation to ensure you’re on the right track to completing your degree or certificate
- Career & Job Exploration - Take a career assessment, explore careers, attend career fairs and interest sessions, job application assistance and more
- Academic Probation & Dismissal – Received an academic status notice but want to stay in school.
- Academic Renewal: Requirements and Filing a Petition - Qualify to remove classes with poor grades from GPA.
- Personal Counseling - Our licensed Mental Health professional provides registered students help with personal issues and concerns.