Counseling Appointments

A counselor assists with academic advising, educational and career planning, transfer preparation, problem solving and decision making. Counselors offer guidance throughout the time you are enrolled at Columbia and it is recommended that you work with a counselor on a regular basis. In general, you can usually schedule an appointment within 1-2 weeks.

  • Online and phone appointments are currently available. When scheduling your appointment, be sure to indicate which mode you prefer and make sure we have current contact information.
  • Drop-in's are available on campus for quick questions. Stop in at the Counseling Front Desk in Upper Manzanita during posted hours. If you need same day service but cannot come to campus, call 209-588-5109 and we'll see if we can accommodate you!
  • eadvising button  Email advising is designed to provide answers to individual student questions. You can use this e-advising link, or find your counselor and email them directly (either in Starfish Success Network or our Counseling Staff page). No educational plans, transcript evaluations, or probation releases are done through e-advising at this time. 
  • You can meet with any counselor, but you have an assigned counselor based on your major or program such as athletics, enrolled in high school or any of our Special Programs, such a such as TRiO, EOPS/CARE, Foster Youth, VA, or DSPS.

  • Call 209.588.5109 for general counseling or 209-588-5130 for Special Programs Counselors, or

  • You will receive a confirmation of your appointment in your student email (from Starfish--check junk mail if you don't see it, then make Starfish a 'safe sender') with the instructions and/or log in information for your appointment.

  • If you need to cancel, please use Starfish or call 209-588-5109, 24-hours in advance to open that time to another student.

Bring a list of questions! Also bring any items you want to review such as transcripts from a previous college or admissions requirements from a school you are interested in transferring to. You can bring unofficial copies (meaning not in a sealed envelope) or if they were already submitted officially to Admissions and Records, we'll have them available. Check out our Educational Plan page for specific information you will need for those appointments.

Counselors are trained to assist you in a wide range of personal topics and conversations will remain confidential. They are also able to refer you to for additional support if needed, such as Crisis and Mental Health Counseling available to Columbia College students for free (located in the Health Services offices in Pinyon and by phone at 209-588-5204).

OU Campus Login