Columbia College Commencement
The Spring 2018 Commencement Ceremony is scheduled for Friday, April 27, 2018
- Apply for Graduation: Schedule an appointment with your academic counselor to discuss your eligibility for a degree(s) and/or certificate(s). Complete the Application for Graduation, obtain the approval and signature of your academic counselor and submit the completed form(s) to the Admissions and Records office by the deadline published in the Academic Calendar.
- Graduation Participation Form : Gradates who plan to attend and participate in the graduation ceremony, must return the Graduation Participation Form and Personal Information Card (PIC) to the Admissions and Records office.
- Academic Regalia and Announcements: Degree recipients will be required to wear a cap and gown . Certificate recipients wear a gown only . Graduation attire and announcements will be available for purchase from the Manzanita Bookstore as early as April 3rd. The Bookstore will have a list of candidates who have been awarded Distinction (3.75-4.00 gpa) and Honors (3.50-3.74 gpa); check your status and pick-up your gold or silver cord. Please Note: The Manzanita Bookstore will close at 3pm the day of graduation.
- Graduation Rehearsal: To acquaint all participants with the ceremony procedures, a rehearsal will be held Thursday, April 26th at 1:30 in Carkeet Park (Oak 9 in case of inclement weather). This will be our only rehearsal prior to the ceremony.Visitors and Guests
- Graduation Ceremony: Graduates must be in Carkeet Park (Oak 9 in case of inclement weather) at 5:00 p.m. and no later than 5:30 p.m. The Commencement Ceremony will begin promptly at 6:00p.m.
- Disabled Student Programs & Services: If you have special mobility needs, make arrangements for transportation from the parking lot to the Oak pavilion on the day of graduation with the DSPS Office (209) 588-5134, no later than Friday, April 20, 2018.
In order to be eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony, students must:
- Apply for Graduation - An approved Application for Graduation and/or approved Certificate of Achievement on file with the evaluator in the Admissions & Records Office.
- A Graduation Participation Form and Personal Information Card (PIC) submitted to the Graduation Committee.
- Graduation Guests & Seating
- Maps, Driving Directions & Parking
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us