University Transfer Information
Columbia College provides events, information and advising to help you explore, plan and transition to a 4-year university to continue your education for a Bachelors Degree and beyond!
For customized transfer support, apply for TRiO Student Support Services (SSS).
For general transfer advising, connect with an academic counselor.
Columbia College Counselors can help regarding transfer questions and preparation, anything from unit requirements and general education patterns to how and when to apply to universities.
Course Planning for Major Preparation:
- Navigating Assist.org informational video – Recorded with Rebekah Sandlin
- Assist.org website: Articulation agreements with other CA colleges (UC & CSU) indicating which courses taken at Columbia are comparable with specific courses at the transfer school of choice.
Campus Search Tools:
- Transfer Major Explorer – this can be used as a starting point but it does tend to leave some campuses out.
- Online Degree Options Informational video- Recorded with our Columbia College counselor Matt Fox.
- Search CSU degrees
- CalState Online (online and hybrid programs at CSU's)
- UC Admissions
- CCC Transfer Counselor Website
- UC Major/Campus Search Tool
- AICCU Search Tool (Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities)
- Humphreys University
- Brandman University
- ASU, ASU Transfer Guide
- UC TAP (Transfer Admission Planner)
- UC TAG (Transfer Admission Guarantee) Informational video- Recorded with Rebekah Sandlin
- TAG Informational site
- UC TAG (Matrix) for Students Applying for 2021-22 Admission
- Cal State Apply :
- Frequently Asked Questions about Transferring
A Degree with a Guarantee Program: This is a joint transfer program between California Community Colleges and the California State University systems. Students who complete an AA-T or AS-T degree at a CA community college will be guaranteed admission to the CSU system and enter with guaranteed junior standing within the similar major. Students will need only 60 more semester units (or 90 quarter units) to complete a bachelor's degree. Students who complete an AA-T or AS-T will be given a special GPA advantage when applying to CSU impacted campuses or majors. See Columbia's approved AA-T and AS-T programs here.
- A Degree with a Guarantee information video – Recorded with our Columbia College counselor Rebekah Sandlin
Other helpful California College Information:
- California Colleges Information: College and career planning in California for students, parents and educators; includes information about community colleges, public & private universities, financial aid, transferring, and career exploration tools.
- California Community Colleges: Explore the 116 California Community Colleges, programs, locations, and statistics, as well as other career builder and financial aid resources.
- Private California Colleges and Universities Information: Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU) represents 75 California independent, non-profit colleges and universities.
- California Virtual Campus (CVC/OEI): Helps to find online courses available at schools throughout California.
Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE): With WUE, out-of-state students pay no more than 150% of in-state tuition at participating schools, compared with nonresident rates that can exceed 300% of in-state rates. Explore website to find participating schools and programs.
US News Best Colleges: U.S. News provides nearly 50 different types of numerical rankings and lists to help students narrow their college search.
Virtual Events: Schedule and Recorded Links
Get a jump start on your UC admissions success!
Dates: July 12 - July 16, 2021
Times: Varies (See schedule by clicking Register Today! button below).
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need help navigating all things related to University Transfers while finishing up at Columbia College? Apply to our local Transfer Services program (TRiO SSS) HERE.