University Transfer Information
Columbia College provides events, information and advising to help you explore, plan and transition to a 4-year university to continue your education for a Bachelors Degree and beyond!
For customized transfer support, apply for TRiO Student Support Services (SSS).
For general transfer advising, connect with an academic counselor.
Columbia College Counselors can help regarding transfer questions and preparation, anything from unit requirements and general education patterns to how and when to apply to universities.
Course Planning for Major Preparation:
- Navigating Assist.org informational video – Recorded with Rebekah Sandlin
- Assist.org website: Articulation agreements with other CA colleges (UC & CSU) indicating which courses taken at Columbia are comparable with specific courses at the transfer school of choice.
Campus Search Tools:
- Transfer Major Explorer – this can be used as a starting point but it does tend to leave some campuses out.
- Online Degree Options Informational video- Recorded with our Columbia College counselor Matt Fox.
- Search CSU degrees
- CalState Online (online and hybrid programs at CSU's)
- UC Admissions
- CCC Transfer Counselor Website
- UC Major/Campus Search Tool
- AICCU Search Tool (Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities)
- Humphreys University
- Brandman University
- University of the Pacific
- UC Santa Cruz Campus Tour Video
- ASU, ASU Transfer Guide
- UC TAP (Transfer Admission Planner)
- UC TAG (Transfer Admission Guarantee) Informational video- Recorded with Rebekah Sandlin
- TAG Informational site
- UC TAG (Matrix) for Students Applying for 2021-22 Admission
- Cal State Apply :
- Frequently Asked Questions about Transferring
Associate Degree for Transfer (a degree with a guarantee) This is a joint transfer program between California Community Colleges and the California State University systems. Students who complete an AA-T or AS-T degree at a CA community college will be guaranteed admission to the CSU system and enter with guaranteed junior standing within the similar major. Students will need only 60 more semester units (or 90 quarter units) to complete a bachelor's degree. Students who complete an AA-T or AS-T will be given a special GPA advantage when applying to CSU impacted campuses or majors. See Columbia's approved AA-T and AS-T programs at CCC Degree by Campus.
- A Degree with a Guarantee information video – Recorded with our Columbia College counselor Rebekah Sandlin
Other helpful California College Information:
- California Colleges Information: College and career planning in California for students, parents and educators; includes information about community colleges, public & private universities, financial aid, transferring, and career exploration tools.
- California Community Colleges: Explore the 116 California Community Colleges, programs, locations, and statistics, as well as other career builder and financial aid resources.
- Private California Colleges and Universities Information: Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU) represents 75 California independent, non-profit colleges and universities.
- California Virtual Campus (CVC/OEI): Helps to find online courses available at schools throughout California.
Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE): With WUE, out-of-state students pay no more than 150% of in-state tuition at participating schools, compared with nonresident rates that can exceed 300% of in-state rates. Explore website to find participating schools and programs.
US News Best Colleges: U.S. News provides nearly 50 different types of numerical rankings and lists to help students narrow their college search.
Upcoming University Admissions Counselor Visits!
Do you have questions about transferring to any of these Universities?
Stop by the library patio (Tamarack Hall) to talk to an admissions counselor!
For more information, contact Hanna Kentta-Brown at 209-588-5312 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 28th, CSU Stanislaus & Grand Canyon University
- 9:30am-12pm & 1pm-3:30pm (Stanislaus)
- 11am-3pm (GCU)
- November 10th, University of the Pacific & Grand Canyon University
- 10am-2pm (UOP)
- 11am-3pm (GCU)
- November 18th, CSU Stanislaus
- 9:30am-12pm & 1pm-3:30pm
University of the Pacific Virtual Information Sessions
UOP will be hosting multiple virtual informations sessions for transfer students! Sessions will include opportunities to learn more about specific majors, the transfer experience at Pacific, and their career services. Click the link to register for the events below.
- October 21st, 2021 from 4pm-5pm - Transfer Student Panel
- October 26th, 2021 from 5:30pm-6:30pm - Organizational Leadership and Healthcare Administration & Leadership Degree Completion Programs
- October 27th, 2021 from 5:30pm-6:30pm - School of Engineerng and Computer Science Co-Operative Education for Transfer Students
UMass Global (previously Brandman University) Hosts Degree Specific Information Sessions
Are you interested in a specific degree program, how to build your educational plan, the flexibility in schedules, or scholarships? There will be information sessions for degrees in Education, Business, Arts, Sciences, Nursing, and Doctorate of Education in Organizational Leadership. There will also be a session for military and veterans who want to maximize tuition assistance and their GI benefits. Register for one of the information sessions today!
- October 19th to December 8th, 2021 at various times
- Check out all the event dates and times here! Please use that link to register for your preferred event as well.
Pathways to Private Schools Virtual College Fair
Meet virtually and chat with 20+ private, regionally accredited universities! Students will be able to ask questions and learn more about year-round start-dates, specific degree pathways, up-to-date entrance requirements, transfer agreements, military-friendly programs, support services, and much more.
- October 21st from 4pm-7pm
Honoring our Nation's Historically Black Colleges and Universities
The CCC Transfer Guarantee to HBCU's invite you to join their week of virtual events highlighting partner HBCU's! There are 14 events planned like program overviews, fraternity and sorority life, funding your education, and a college fair.
UC Apply Workshop
Come learn how to apply to the UC schools! Topics include the application process, how to approach the personal insight questions, how to afford the costs, and how to find the UC that is the best fit for YOU! Deadline to apply for Fall 2022 is November 30th, 2021
- October 27th from 9:30am-10:30am
- November 2nd from 2pm-3pm
- Please RSVP for workshops by calling 209-588-5109
Cal State Apply Workshop
Come learn how to apply to the CSU schools! Topics include the application process, how to afford the costs, and how to find the CSU that is the best fit for YOU! Priority deadline to apply for Fall 2022 is November 30th, 2021
- November 10th from 9:30am-10:30am
- November 18th from 2pm-3pm
- Please RSVP for workshops by calling 209-588-5109
Panic Room for University Transfer and Scholarship Applications
The Panic Room is available for last minute indivisual assistance with your transfer and/or scholarship applications!
- November 29th & 30th from 9am-4:30pm
- Help is available via zoom or on-campus in the CTC
- Zoom link for individual assistance will be posted shortly...