Basic Needs Emergency Grant
Have you had an unexpected expense or major life event causing you to think about dropping or reducing units?
The Basic Needs Committee has Emergency Grant funding available to help you stay enrolled! The goal is to provide immediate, short-term assistance to help students stabilize their situation or recover from the emergency, and continue on their journey of educational success.
Requirements to Qualify
- Must demonstrate exceptional need resulting from a sudden, unexpected emergency, that will interfere with your courses during the Summer 2023 semester.
- Have an active preference chosen through the BankMobile system.
- Students MUST provide documentation of the emergency (ex. pay or quit notice, utilities shut off notice, copy of overdue bills, medical bills, etc) that has caused this financial burden.
- Must be actively enrolled in Summer 2023 course/s, meaning your Summer course must have already started. Funds will not be disbursed until your course begins.
Emergency Grant Guidelines
- Grant awards will range between $250 to $1,000
- Award amounts will be decided based on financial need, statement, documentation provided, and funding availability.
- Processing time is approximately 2-3 weeks and may be delayed if sufficient documentation is not provided.
- Funding is limited and will be awarded on a first come, first served basis.
- Student may only receive the Emergency Grant ONE TIME in a 12-month period.
The Summer 2023 application will close 08/07/2023.