2021 Financial Aid Emergency Grant
Have you had an unexpected expense or major life event causing you to think about dropping or reducing units?
The Financial Aid Office has Emergency Grant funding available to help you stay enrolled!
Requirements to Qualify
Students must meet and self-certify the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in at least 6 units (including late start classes). This includes newly enrolled students.
- Demonstrate an emergency financial aid need.
- Qualify as low-income by meeting the income requirements to receive a California College Promise Grant (CCPG) or is projected to receive a CCPG for the upcoming term. This includes Out-of-State students.
- Earned a 2.0 grade point average at their current or prior institution in one of the previous three semesters, OR Is a student who is receiving additional support and/or services through a community college’s Disabled Student Programs and Services.
Emergency Grant Guidelines
- Grant awards will range between $500 to $2,000
- Award amounts will be decided based on financial need, statement, documentation provided, and funding availability.
- Students can apply more than once, but preference will be given to those receiving first time awards.
- Students can qualify for both the Financial Aid Emergency Grant and the *Foundation Emergency Grant as well.
- Funding is limited and will be awarded on a fist come, first served basis!
*For further information regarding the Columbia College Foundation Emergency Grant, contact:
To complete the application, log in using your student assigned email. Answer ALL questions, type your detailed statement and attach any necessary documentation.