California Dream Act



The California DREAM Act of 2011 is the result of two bills, Assembly Bill 130 (AB 130) and Assembly Bill 131 (AB 131). Together, these bills allow undocumented and documented students who meet certain provisions of AB 540 to apply for and receive:

  •  Board of Governors Fee Waivers, 
  •  State financial aid like Cal Grants and Chafee Grants, 
  •  Assistance from EOP&S, CARE or CalWORKs, 
  •  Privately-funded scholarships.

What is an AB 540 Student?

An AB 540 student is either a U.S. citizen or undocumented student who has attended and graduated from a California high school but does not meet state residency requirements.

You are an AB 540 student, and exempt from paying non-resident enrollment fees, if you meet the following criteria:

  •  Currently reside in California, and
  •  Attended a California high school for at least three years, and
  •  Graduated from a California high school, got a GED or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam. 

How to apply for AB 540

Step #1:   Complete an AB 540 form - Click here

Step #2:   Obtain an Official California High School Transcript

Step #3:   Submit a completed AB 540 form and Official California High School transcript to the CC Admissions Office

California Dream Act Application

OU Campus Login