Financial Support

Hello! Hola! 

If you need help with scholarships or financial aid please let us know. 

The California DREAM Act of 2011 is the result of two bills, Assembly Bill 130 (AB 130) and Assembly Bill 131 (AB 131). Together, these bills allow undocumented and documented students who meet certain provisions of AB 540 to apply for and receive:

  •  California Community Promise Grant, 
  •  State financial aid like Cal Grants and Chafee Grants, 
  •  Assistance from EOPS, CARE or CalWORKs, 
  •  Privately-funded scholarships.

Further resources for Dreamer students can be found at our Dream Resource Center (DRC)

Financial Aid @ Columbia College

How to Complete the California Dream Act Application

California Dream Act Service Incentive Grant Program

Who is an AB 540 student?

An AB 540 student is either a U.S. citizen or undocumented student who has attended and graduated from a California high school but does not meet state residency requirements.

You are an AB 540 student, and exempt from paying non-resident enrollment fees, if you meet the following criteria:

  • Currently reside in California, and
  •  Attended a California high school for at least three years, and
  •  Graduated from a California high school, got a GED or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam. 

How to apply for AB 540

Step #1:    Complete an AB 540 form -  Click here
Step #2:    Obtain an Official California High School Transcript
Step #3:    Submit a completed AB 540 form and Official California High School transcript to the CC Admissions Office

If you need further assistance please reach out to your Financial Aid Technician.

Additional Financial Resources:

OU Campus Login