Institutional Self Evaluation Report (ISER) Review
- Institutional Self Evaluation Report (ISER) DRAFT
- Provide feedback by completing our Columbia College ISER Feedback Form
Institutional Accreditation is public certification that institutions meet defined standards of quality and responsibility.
Columbia College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 428 J Street, Suite 400, Sacramento, CA 95814, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: www.accjc.org.
Questions or comments can be sent to the Columbia College Accreditation Liaison Officer, Melissa Raby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIRD-PARTY COMMENTS TO ACCJC
A third-party comment may be submitted to the Commission at any time as it relates to the compliance of a member institution with Eligibility Requirements, Accreditation Standards, or Commission policies. Such comment must be submitted in writing, signed, and accompanied by the affiliation, return address and telephone number of the correspondent. Commission staff will review all third-party comments to assess its applicability to Eligibility Requirements, Accreditation Standards, or Commission policies. Institutions will be provided with an opportunity to review applicable third-party comments.
Individuals who wish to make comments on the institutions that are undergoing review in the current semester and that are being considered by the Commission at its next meeting, should use the Third Party Comment Form and be sure to include their name, address, phone number, and email address. The comments must be received five weeks before the scheduled Commission meeting.
For more information and to access the Third Party Comment Form click here.
A number of Columbia College programs have additional accreditation through industry or governmental groups. The webpages for Fire Academy, and Hospitality Management programs contain additional information.
- Fire Academy is accredited by the Statewide Training and Education Advisory Committee and the California State Board of Fire Services through the Office of the State Fire Marshal - P.O. Box 944246, Sacramento, CA, 94244-2460, (916) 445-8200, www.fire.ca.gov. The program at Columbia College is accredited through November 2023.
- Specific Columbia College Hospitality Management Program degrees are accredited by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Accrediting Commission (ACFEFAC) - 180 Center Place Way, St. Augustine, FL 32095, (904) 824-4468. The current program accreditation status is available on the ACFEFAC accreditation webpage.
- Columbia College's EMS program is certified by the Tuolumne County Emergency Medical Services Agency to provide training in preparation for EMT testing and certification.