Are you interested in becoming a Peer Tutor at the Academic Achievement Center? Below are the general Peer Tutor requirements and a link to the Peer Tutor application.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Currently enrolled in at least 6 units
- Enrollment or completion of Peer Tutor Training Course (INDIS 110)
- Recommendation from Columbia faculty for courses the applicant wishes to tutor
- Completion of Peer Tutor Application and YCCD paperwork/fingerprinting
Other desirable characteristics of a tutor:
- Patience during the learning process, flexibility, an interest in helping others, and a willingness to assist with other projects during slower times.
If you are interested in being a tutor, we encourage you to stop by and visit with current tutors to find out how rewarding peer tutoring can be. For additional information and an application
download and complete the AAC Application Packet
. Please follow all instructions.
If you are a faculty member and wish to recommend a student as a tutor, please click here to download a Faculty Recommendation Form. Sign the form, give it to a student you wish to recommend, and ask him/her to visit Elissa Creighton at the AAC.