Are you interested in becoming a Peer Tutor at the Academic Achievement Center? Check out the Peer Tutor eligibility criteria and the link to the AAC Application Packet below.
Peer Tutor Eligibility Criteria
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Currently enrolled in at least 6 units
- Enrollment or completion of Peer Tutor Training Course (INDIS 110)
- Recommendation from Columbia faculty for courses the applicant wishes to tutor
- Completion of Peer Tutor Application and YCCD paperwork/fingerprinting
Desirable Characteristics of a Tutor
- Patience during the learning process
- An interest in helping others
- Willingness to assist with other projects during slower times
If you are interested in becoming a tutor...
We encourage you to stop by to visit with current tutors to learn how rewarding peer tutoring can be. For more information and an application, check out the
AAC Application Packet
. Please follow all instructions when completing.
If you are a faculty member and wish to recommend a student as a tutor, please click here for an AAC Faculty Recommendation Form . Sign the form, give it to the student, and ask him/her to visit the AAC. If you complete this form online, please make sure to save it to your computer before doing so.