Engage. Discover. Connect.
The Mother Lode Educational Opportunity Center (MEOC) assists adults in our region to obtain their academic credentials required for economic mobility by providing guidance on how to enter, re-enter, and navigate postsecondary institutions. MEOC Transition Specialists partner with community agencies (such as Amador – Tuolumne Community Action Agency, Motherlode Job Training, Tuolumne County Public Health, Tuolumne County Schools, Sierra Conservation Center, and many more) throughout our consortium’s service area to provide adults with the following services:
- Information regarding the benefits of, and options for, participating in postsecondary education
- Support applying for college
- Support applying for financial aid
- Referral to alternative and adult education programs including GED and ESL programs
- Workshops: Goal setting, financial planning, major and career selection, etc.
- Connections to services including test prep, tutoring, counseling (academic and personal), etc.
The grant is for approximately $1.2 million dollars ($1,180,000) over 5 years.
ALL SERVICES ARE FREE to enrolled pre-students & students.
Please click this link to be directed to the printable MEOC application. Applicants who are under the age of 24 and considered dependents need to provide parent employment and income information as well as a parent signature. Please see graphic below to determine whether or not you are considered a dependent.