Welcome to Transfer Services (TRiO SSS)!
GOING BEYOND...? BECOME A SCHOLAR WITH Transfer Services!
Transfer Services at Columbia College is hosted by the T RiO Student Support Services (SSS) federally-funded grant. Our program is designed to provide students a strong and supportive learning network that motivates and propels students towards their chosen academic goal. Transfer Services program is designed to increase the student’s likelihood of success by staying in college, increasing their GPA and leadership opportunities, and completing their educational goals in a timely manner. Transfer Services enrolled students are highly encouraged to commit to seeking a certificate/AA/AS degree AND plan to transfer to a 4-year University to compete a bachelor's degree.
ALL SERVICES ARE FREE to enrolled students!
Our Transfer Services, how we support your success:
Priority Academic Counseling- Forget waiting in line; ensure your educational plan is up-to-date, gain assistance with university selection/research, and gain confidence in all your educational decisions with your dedicated TRiO Academic Counselor.
Peer Mentoring- Students helping students. Specially trained, experienced, and compassionate students will assist you with problem solving, academic tutoring, research, and life skill development.
Tutoring- Save your GPA! We provide referrals to the Academic Achievement Center, appointments with TRiO Peer Mentors, and special requests for tutoring needs to ensure you excel in every class.
Scholarship/Financial Aid Assistance- Where do you start? We can guide you through the process in order to increase your chances of being awarded a scholarship and avoid going into debt while you complete your educational goals.
University Tours/Field Trips- The adventure continues! Four university tours per year are FREE to TRiO enrolled students; special requests will be considered for additional trips.
Priority Registration (TRIO SSS grant eligibility must be met)- Get the classes that fit your schedule each semester.
Our TRiO SSS Eligibility**, what you need to know:
Students must be citizens or federal legal permanent residents, accepted to Columbia College, and one of the following:
• Be a first-generation college student, neither parent completed a Bachelor's degree OR
• Be low-income, verification will be checked according to federal guidelines at intake OR
• Have a verifiable disability; provide verification through DSPS office.
Students must also commit to an educational plan that includes:
• Graduation from Columbia with a degree or certificate within 4 years of enrollment in the program
• Transferring to a university to complete a bachelor's degree directly after graduation from Columbia.
**Students who do NOT meet this criteria are STILL HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to apply for Transfer Services. All students will be provided and/or referred to complimentary services to help them meet their university transfer goals.**
What you should do to apply:
- Application & Orientation to our services can be completed and returned online.
- Click on this link to log in to our Transfer Services Application & Orientation (inside the college's Canvas learning platform).
- Enrollment appointment/ intake interview
- Enrollment & Services begin
- Determination of exact services (guided by Needs Assessment form answers and grant eligibility) will be made at the Enrollment appointment/ Intake Interview with Project Director or approved staff.
Customized Service Plan is developed with you to meet your personalized transfer goals and timeline for transfer.
Access your Transfer Services (TRiO SSS) online and on campus; you are enrolled!