Teaching Test Kitchen Resources
Recent Teaching Test Kitchens:
Best of the Best
Single best resource for College professors- It is a simple to use how-to manual for teaching college level classes. Packed with information in an easy to use format.
Tools for Teaching 2nd ed. 2000 Barbara Gross Davis, Jossey-Bass Publisher
Chocked full of easy to use rubrics and ideas on peer review.
Peer Review of Teaching: A Source book 2nd Ed. 2007 Nancy Van Note Chism, Anker Publishing Company, Inc.
The one stop journal for busy faculty members- a quick concise overview of interesting practical teaching related articles- the one must monthly read.
Teaching Professor Magna Press
Bibliography of Teaching and Learning Literature
- Cole KA, Barker R, Kolodner K, et al. Faculty development in Teaching Skills: and Intensive Longitudinal Model Academic Medicine, Vol. 79, No. 5 /May 2004
- Gabriel Scott, Is Good teaching Caught or Taught? Teaching Professor, June 2018
- Gibbs G, Coffey M, The impact of training of university teachers on their teaching skills, their approach to teaching and the approach to learning of their students. Active Learning in Higher Education Vol. 5(1): 87-100 2004
- Gormally C, Evans M, Brickman P, Feedback about Teaching in Higher Ed: Neglected Opportunities to Promote Change, Life Science Education Vol 13, 187-199, 2014
- Troisi JD, Leder S, Stiegler-Balfour J, et al., Effective Teaching Outcomes Associated with Mentorship of Early Career Psychologists, Teaching of Psychology Vol. 42(3) 242-247 2015
- Andrews TC, Lemmons PP, It’s Personal: Biology Instructors Prioritize Personal Evidence over Empirical Evidence in Teaching Decisions Vol. 14, 1-18 Spr 2015
- Nevins R, FLoden R., Intensive Mentoring as a Way to Help Beginning Teachings Develop Balanced Instruction, Journal of Teacher Education Vol 60 (2) 112-122 March/April 2009
- Auerbach AJ, Higgins M, Brickman P, Andrews TC, Teacher Knowledge for Active –Learning Instruction: Expert- Novice Comparison Reveals Differences, Life Science Education 17:ar12, 1-14, Spring 2018
- Lang JW, Kersting M, Regular Feedback from Student Rating of Instruction: Do College Teachers Improve their Rating in the Long Run? Instructional Science 35:187-205, 2007
- Alstete J, Post Tenure Faculty Development ASHE-ERIC Higher Education Report Vol 27 (4) 2000
- Condon, Iverson, Manduca, Rutz, and Willets, Faculty Development and Student Learning, Indiana University Press 2016