Mental Health Services Mental Health Services


in the Student Health and Wellness Center (Pinyon)


Make an appointment with a Licensed Mental Health Counselor on Starfish

  • If assistance is needed in scheduling, contact 209-588-5283 or 209-588-5201.
  • Spring 2023 -Campus Mental Health Services are open. We have Licensed Counselors at NO-Cost for currently enrolled students. Make an appointment using your student Starfish account (link above).  Or there is information below to call for an appointment.

  • Basic Needs Services (Housing and Food Insecurity) and Mental Health Community referrals are open year round.  Contact Lydia Browning at or call 209-588-5283.

  • In-person, zoom or phone sessions will be available. To schedule an appointment  for mental health counseling, support with Basic Needs Services, or community referrals contact Lydia Browning in the Student Health and Wellness Center (Pinyon), or call 209-5283 or email  You can also call 209 588-5346 and a licensed campus clinician will return your call.   


  • Click  Wellness Central  -- For Online Student Health and Wellness Support  24/7 -Self Navigating


NEW!  National Crisis Hotline - Call 988

for Mental Health Crisis Support. Available 24/7. 

This is a new National Mental Health Crisis and Suicide Hotline.  


Columbia College Campus does NOT have 24/7 crisis services.
For 24/7 crisis services and extensive community resources see below.
  •  Campus Security: 209-566-5476 
  • Call 988 or 911
  •   Tuolumne County (TCBH): Crisis, Assessment, and Intervention Program  (CAIP)  209-533-7000   
  • Calaveras County Crisis: 1-800-499-3030 or 209-754-3239

  • Crisis Text Support 24/7:    Text HOME to 741741

  • National Suicide Hotline and National Mental Health Crisis line: Call 988 or  1-800-273-TALK (8255)   


 See below for community resources, crisis support, meditation links, and more. . . 


Free meditations at CALM

Free Guided Meditations

-available on your personal device. 

Support for Anxiety, Stress, Depression, Procrastination and Sleep

What’s Guided Imagery? 
It’s the easiest, most user-friendly form of meditation you can find. It’s simply listening to words and music that guide you on a positive journey, where you imagine yourself relaxing and doing well, with all your senses..

A quick route to  Community Resources  during the COVID-19 crisis including unemployment, public health,  school meal sites, food banks, CalFresh/food stamps, and meals-on-wheels


Black Lives Matter  National resources in support of mental health and wellness for African American students and their loved ones. 


Coronavirus Sanity Guide:  Free talks, podcasts, meditations and blogs to help build resiliency and find calm in a time of chaos. 

FALL 2020 Health and Wellness Welcome event zoom RECORDINGS with our Community Partners 

  Helpful Resources at Active Minds Mental Health Hub


 Student Health and Wellness Center

209-588-5283   PINYON Building  (next door to the Student Center)  

Are you feeling ...Overwhelmed...Anxious...Sad...Stressed...Isolated?
Do you need ...Emotional support...Personal guidance...Mental Health referrals?
    Would you like...Strategies for success...Stress Management tools...Psychological help?
Personal counseling with a licensed therapist is available on campus free for enrolled students. Basic Needs Services addressing Housing and Food Insecurity is also available.
For more information or to make an appointment call the Student Health and Wellness Center at 209-588-5283 or call the Mental Health Services office at 209-588-5346.
"Drop-Ins" are welcome when there is availability, but an appointment is better.
Sessions are  Confidential  (with some limitations).
Health Records are NOT part of your Academic Record.

 Reach out!  Help is Available!  It's not a commitment; It's just a conversation!

Services available

  • Psychological Services: Therapy with a Licensed Counselor (or Supervised Intern) is available by appointment for individuals (and couples when both parties are enrolled students). 
  • Crisis Services: Available on campus during normal business hours.  NO evening or after-hours crisis or counseling services available. See CCAT.
  • AFTER HOURS CRISIS -call Campus Security: 209-566-5476 or 911.  Also available:  Tuolumne County Behavioral Health Department (TCBH): Crisis, Assessment, and Intervention Program (CAIP)  209-533-7000
  • Free Guided Meditations What’s Guided Imagery? It’s the easiest, most user-friendly form of meditation you can find. It’s simply listening to words and music that guide you on a positive journey, where you imagine yourself relaxing and doing well, with all your senses. Even half-listening works...check it out above.
  • Workshops and Class Presentations: Topics include Anxiety Management, Test Anxiety, Stress Management, Mindfulness, Student Success, Grief and Loss .
  • Psychological Assessment:  Limited assessment available for referrals to campus DSPS, such as Text Anxiety. Also, referrals to community counselors, resources, medical care, and special needs assessment available
  • Center for a Non-Violent Community:  Advocates from CNVC are  partnering with campus Health and Wellness.  Advocates support victims of Sexual and Domestic Violence through the process of legal, physical and emotional healing.  CNVC 24 Hour Crisis Line:  209-533-3401.
  • Personal Guidance:  Just need support and guidance for life stress? Learn strategies and tools to cultivate resiliency and manage stress. Or receive guidance on any personal issue.
  • Title IX:  Feel you are a victim of sexual harassment, discrimination or assault on campus?  The Mental Health office can provide Confidential support. 
  • Veterans Mental Health support is available


See Something     Say Something    Do Something

We are all responsible for keeping our campus safe. Let someone know when you are concerned. The Mental Health Coordinator is a member of CCAT, the Columbia College Alert Team and available to students, faculty and staff to discuss incidents and issues regarding students who are "of concern", at-risk, in distress, having a crisis.   Contact CCAT or the Mental Health Coordinator for assistance. 

OU Campus Login