ASCC Student Spotlight Live Streaming Event!
Submit your piece early or perform live - be imaginative!
Sing, dance, read a poem, do a monologue, paint a masterpiece - the sky is the limit. Students can pre-record or do it live. Get your friends involved and make Columbia College your virtual stage. Submissions/live performances have a maximum time of 3.5 minutes. Faculty and staff are welcome to submit and will be included as time allows.
Intent to Participate deadline: Friday, January 15th 5:00 pm Intent to Participate Form
Video Submission deadline: Tuesday, January 19th 8:00 am
Live Stream Event starts at 4:30pm on January 21 on Facebook and Youtube.
*Questions? Contact your ASCC President, Ricki Lee, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Student Center
Located in the Ponderosa Building, the Student Center provides a place for students to comfortably lounge between classes and hold informal discussions, workshops, or activities. As a primary venue for club meetings, the relaxed environment nurtures campus life, fosters academic exploration, and promotes the expression of thoughts on diversity, equity and inclusion of all students. The Center provides students with access to Student IDs and current year stickers for local bus transportation, food resources, college materials, computers printing, a TV, a full outdoor deck, and gazebo. This Center is funded by the Student Center Fee assessed once per academic year. This fee is $1.00 per unit up to a maximum of $10.00 for the entire academic year.
Associated Students of Columbia College (ASCC) is the officially recognized Student Senate that represents all Columbia College students. Our Student Senate is a vital part of all Columbia College community, activities, and programs. Elected representatives and student committees work together to ensure that the student voice is included in the decision-making processes of the college. We are proud to participate in shared governance at Columbia College and are equally delighted to share our enthusiasm representing you. Please contact us at 209.588.5111 or 209.588.5270.
- Enhance sound student governance and citizenship
- Express the general will of the students to the administration
- Further cooperation with administration, staff, community and other educational institutions
- Create and maintain adequate scholastic, social, cultural, and political activities in the furtherance of student welfare
*ASCC Constitution and Bylaws
Why get involved?
- Represent the interests of Columbia College students
- Participate in state level representation of California Community Colleges through California Community College Student Affairs Association (CCCSAA)
- Work on committees with Columbia staff and administration through shared governance
- Develop leadership skills
- Enhance job, scholarship, and college transfer applications
- Plan campus events and activities
- Enrich your academic career
- Your ASCC reminds you to register to Vote at registertovote.ca.gov. You can also opt in by mail if you prefer.
- ASCC Meetings - Every other Thursday, 10:00am-11:00am starting Jan. 21, 2021 and listed in the table below. Meetings are open to the public and held using the licensed Zoom meeting link here: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/95015356830.
|Day, Date||Time||Day, Date||Time|
|Thursday, Jan 21||10:00||Thursday, Mar 8||10:00|
|Thursday, Jan 28||10:00||Thursday, Mar 15||10:00|
|Thursday, Feb 4||10:00||Thursday, Mar 22||10:00|
|Thursday, Feb 11||10:00||Thursday, Mar 29||10:00|
|Thursday, Feb 18||10:00||Thursday, Apr 1||10:00|
|Thursday, Feb 25||10:00||Thursday, Apr 8||10:00|
|Thursday, Mar 1||10:00||Thursday, Apr 15||10:00|