The Student Center
Located in the Ponderosa Building, the Student Center provides a place for students to comfortably lounge between classes and hold informal discussions, workshops, or activities. As a primary venue for club meetings, the relaxed environment nurtures campus life, fosters academic exploration, and promotes the expression of thoughts on diversity, equity and inclusion of all students. The Center provides students with access to Student IDs and current year stickers for local bus transportation, food resources, college materials, computers printing, a TV, a full outdoor deck, and gazebo. This Center is funded by the Student Center Fee assessed once per academic year. This fee is $1.00 per unit up to a maximum of $10.00 for the entire academic year.
Associated Students of Columbia College (ASCC) is the officially recognized Student Senate that represents all Columbia College students. Our Student Senate is a vital part of all Columbia College community, activities, and programs. Elected representatives and student committees work together to ensure that the student voice is included in the decision-making processes of the college. We are proud to participate in shared governance at Columbia College and are equally delighted to share our enthusiasm representing you. Please contact us at 209.588.5111 or 209.588.5270.
- Enhance sound student governance and citizenship
- Express the general will of the students to the administration
- Further cooperation with administration, staff, community and other educational institutions
- Create and maintain adequate scholastic, social, cultural, and political activities in the furtherance of student welfare
*ASCC Constitution and Bylaws
Why get involved?
- Represent the interests of Columbia College students
- Participate in state level representation of California Community Colleges through California Community College Student Affairs Association (CCCSAA)
- Work on committees with Columbia staff and administration through shared governance
- Develop leadership skills
- Enhance job, scholarship, and college transfer applications
- Plan campus events and activities
- Enrich your academic career
- Your ASCC reminds you to register to Vote at registertovote.ca.gov. You can also opt in by mail if you prefer.
- ASCC Meetings - Fall 2021 First Meeting is Monday, August 30, 4:15-5:15pm. Meetings are open to the public, recorded, and held using the licensed Zoom meeting link here: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/93895651700
|Day, Date||Time||Day, Date||Time|
|Monday, August 30||4:15pm||Tuesday, October 19||10:30am|
|Tuesday, September 7||10:30am||Tuesday, October 26||10:30am|
|Tuesday, September 14||10:30am||Tuesday, November 2||10:30am|
|Tuesday, September 21||10:30am||Tuesday, November 9||10:30am|
|Tuesday, September 28||10:30am||Tuesday, November 16||10:30am|
|Tuesday, October 5||10:30am||Tuesday, November 23||10:30am|
|Tuesday, October 12||10:30am||Tuesday, November 30||10:30am|
|Tuesday, December 7||10:30am|
The ASCC is seeking to fill the below positions:
YCCD Student Trustee : The Student Trustee represents both Columbia College and Modesto Junior College Students. It is a respected and honorable student leadership position. They make valuable and consistent contributions to the Board as they carry forward the voice of the students, providing their perspective to ensure the students of the future will be well served.
Applications Due: 9/21/21
ASCC is also seeking Executive leadership positions and Senator positions.
Positions open until filled
To learn more and about how to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you miss the ASCC Student Spotlight Live Stream Event on January 21?
View it on the Columbia College Youtube Channel