Associated Students of Columbia College (ASCC) is the officially recognized Student Senate that represents all Columbia College students. Our Student Senate is a vital part of all Columbia College's communities, activities, and programs. Elected representatives and student committees work together to ensure that the student voice is included in the decision-making processes of the college. We are proud to participate in shared governance at Columbia College and are equally delighted to share our enthusiasm representing you. Please contact us at 209.588.5236 or 209.588.5270.
- Enhance sound student governance and citizenship
- Express the general will of the students to the administration
- Further cooperation with administration, staff, community and other educational institutions
- Create and maintain adequate scholastic, social, cultural, and political activities in the furtherance of student welfare
*ASCC Constitution and Bylaws
ASCC Meetings Spring 2023 are listed below. Meetings are open to the public, recorded, and held using the licensed Zoom meeting link here: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84152008284
|Day, Date||Time||Day, Date||Time|
|Friday, September 15||2pm|
|Friday, September 29||2pm|
|Friday, October 13||2pm|
|Friday, October 27||2pm|
|Friday, November 10||2pm|
|Friday, December 1||2pm|
|Friday, December 15||2pm|
The Student Center
Located in the Ponderosa Building, the Student Center provides a place for students to comfortably lounge between classes and hold informal discussions, workshops, or activities. As a primary venue for club meetings, the relaxed environment nurtures campus life, fosters academic exploration, and promotes the expression of thoughts on diversity, equity and inclusion of all students. The Center provides students with access to food resources (The Ponderosa Pantry and The Kitchen), college support services, computer printing, a TV, a full outdoor deck, and gazebo. Students are encouraged to connect with their peers in this comfortable environment, they can play a video game or eat a bowl of cereal together. This Center is funded by the Student Center Fee assessed once per academic year. Our student leaders, including the ASCC, Student Ambassadors and Phi Theta Kappa Honor's Society, support the staffing and day to day operations of The Center. This fee is $1.00 per unit up to a maximum of $10.00 for the entire academic year.
Why get involved?
- Represent the interests of Columbia College students
- Participate in state level representation of California Community Colleges through California Community College Student Affairs Association (CCCSAA)
- Work on committees with Columbia staff and administration through shared governance
- Develop leadership skills
- Enhance job, scholarship, and college transfer applications
- Plan campus events and activities
- Enrich your academic career
- Your ASCC reminds you to register to Vote at registertovote.ca.gov. You can also opt in by mail if you prefer.
Fall 2023 Activities
Spring 2023 Activities
Past Fall 2022 Activities
Donut Stress this finals week! Take a break, relax, or celebrate being finished with finals, see you there!
SPIRIT WEEK IS BACK
Join us for dress up days, activities and more! Costume Contest on Monday, October 31st!
Did you miss the ASCC Student Spotlight Live Stream Event on January 21, 2021?
View it on the Columbia College Youtube Channel
To learn more and about how to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org