Spring 2023 Canvas Orientations via Zoom Meeting.
To join an Orientation, simply click on the Zoom link above at one of these times. Orientations last the full hour with time for questions at the end.
- Tuesday, January 3rd 9:30-10:30 am
- Wednesday, January 4th, 9:30-10:30 am
- Thursday, January 5th, 2:00-3:00 pm
- Friday, January 6th, 2:00-3:00 pm
- Monday, January 9th, 8:30-9:30 am
- Tuesday, January 10th, 8:30-9:30 am
- Wednesday, January 11th, 2:00-3:00 pm
- Thursday, January 12th, 2:00-3:00 pm
- Friday, January 13th, 3:30-4:30 pm
If you are unable to attend any of the above dated, contact Chelsea Quam at 209.588.5344 to set up a different day and time.
There is also a Pre-Recorded Canvas Orientation (40 minutes)
The Canvas Orientation Companion Document lists what is covered during Orientations and includes links to more Canvas ans Online Learning resources.
Logging into Canvas
Students will have a single-sign on for your YCCD email and Canvas. The directions have been sent to your student YCCD email for login information. Here are the single sign-on instructions for getting set up.
For further assistance contact the IT Service Desk at 209.588.5385.
To access Canvas:
- Go to https://gocolumbia.instructure.com/
- Your Canvas User ID and password will be your @my.yosemite.edu login information.
The Canvas App
The Canvas Student App is available for iOS and Android devices
- Canvas Student App - iOS (written tutorial)
- Canvas Student App - Android (written tutorial)
- Columbia College Instructure Canvas Chat Support
- Canvas Student Guides
Online Learning Service Desk - 209.588.5385
- Fall & Spring Hours - M-F 8a-5p (Local)
- Summer Hours M-Th 7:00a-5:00p
Instructional Technology Center Fall Open Lab Hours:
- Mondays: 2:30 - 4:40 pm
- Tuesdays: 2:30- 4:30 pm
- Wednesdays: 8:30 - 10:30 am
- Thursdays: 8:30 - 10:30 am
- Fridays: 8:00- 10:00 am
Other Technology Tips
Your instructor may use ConferZoom, or called ConferNow in Canvas, for lectures. To prepare for this, download the Zoom app. Students DO NOT need to create a Zoom account to attend Zoom class sessions.
- Laptops, hotspots, calculators, and textbooks are available for students to borrow from the Columbia College Library.
- Check out these Online Readiness Tutorials! These are interactive tutorials from online learning success to financial planning.
- The Computer Readiness Test will test your current browser for plugins and versions to help you better navigate our site.
- This is a great way for you to see if you are Tech Ready as an Online Student.
- Saving Files in Different File Formats (video tutorial)
Be sure to check your student email regularly for communication from your instructors and for vital campus information. Forward your student email to your personal email for easier checking.
Contact the DE Coordinator if you have any questions; Kathy Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org