Fall 2022 Canvas and Technology Orientations
The week before the Fall Semester, Canvas Orientations and Technology Workshops will be offered to help you prepare for college! Check out the Columbia JumpStart webpage for more information and to register for workshops.
Upcoming Canvas Orientations
Week of August 15th
- Monday, August 15th 4:30-5:30pm
- Tuesday, August 16th 8:00-9:00am
Week of August 22nd
- Monday, August 22nd 3:00-4:00pm
- Tuesday, August 23rd 3:00-4:00pm
- Wednesday, August 24th 3:00-4:00pm
- Thursday, August 25th 3:00-4:00pm
- Friday, August 26th 3:00-4:00pm
Week of August 29th
- Monday, August 29th 8:30-9:30am
- Tuesday, August 30th 12:00-1:00pm
- Wednesday, August 31st 3:00-4:00pm
- Thursday, September 1st 8:30-9:30am
- Friday, September 2nd 12:00-1:00pm
If you are unable to attend a live Zoom Canvas Orientation, you can watch the Pre-Recorded Canvas Orientation (40 minutes). You can also view the Canvas Orientation Companion Document to review what is covered, and to get links to more resources.
Logging into Canvas
Students will have a single-sign on for your YCCD email and Canvas. The directions have been sent to your student YCCD email for login information. Here are the single sign-on instructions for getting set up.
For further assistance contact the IT Service Desk at 209.588.5385.
To access Canvas:
- Go to https://gocolumbia.instructure.com/
- Your Canvas User ID and password will be your @my.yosemite.edu login information.
The Canvas App
The Canvas Student App is available for iOS and Android devices
- Columbia College Instructure Canvas Chat Support
- Canvas Student Guides
Online Learning Service Desk - 209.588.5385
- Fall & Spring Hours - M-F 8a-5p (Local)
- Summer Hours M-Th 7:00a-5:00p
Instructional Technology Center
- Fall & Spring Hours - By Appointment, contact Kathy Schultz at 209.588.5364
- Summer - Closed
Other Technology Tips
Your instructor may use ConferZoom, or called ConferNow in Canvas, for lectures. To prepare for this, download the Zoom app. Students DO NOT need to create a Zoom account to attend Zoom class sessions.
- Laptops, hotspots, calculators, and textbooks are available for students to borrow from the Columbia College Library.
- Check out these Online Readiness Tutorials! These are interactive tutorials from online learning success to financial planning.
- The Computer Readiness Test will test your current browser for plugins and versions to help you better navigate our site.
- This is a great way for you to see if you are Tech Ready as an Online Student.
- Saving Files in Different File Formats (video tutorial)
Be sure to check your student email regularly for communication from your instructors and for vital campus information. Forward your student email to your personal email for easier checking.
Contact the DE Coordinator if you have any questions; Kathy Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org