Let's Get Started with Canvas
- Go to https://gocolumbia.instructure.com/
- Username is your YCCD Email e.g. email@example.com
- Password is your YCCD Email Password
- Contact the DE Coordinator at 209.588.5364 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask your Admin Secretary to post an online link to Canvas in the schedule.
- Send an Email Blast your students with pre-class information.
- Check out the Instructional Technology Center for support.
- Call the Online Learning Service Desk - 209.588.5383 M-F 8a-5p
- Contact the Columbia Canvas Support - 844.243.8405-M-F 5p-8a Evening & Weekends.
- Check out the Canvas Instructor Guides and Canvas Student Guides.
- Learn more with this Canvas Getting Started Quick Guide.
- Review the Checklist for Creating Accessible Canvas Pages contributed by Kim Pippa-Tonnessen
- Check out the Canvas Teacher App in the App Store
Canvas Tutorials - Time Savers
Setting Up a Canvas Enhancement
Online Support and Help
Online Readiness for Students
Canvas Pages with Tabs
Files and File Management
Desktop Capture with Screencast-o-matic
Duplicating Pages in Canvas
Grade Book Management
Extending Time & Attempts for Quizzes
Weight Groups and Drop Lowest Scores
Adding A Grading Scheme
Setting Up ConferNow Zoom
Creating An Exemplary Module
Welcoming Home Pages
Training and Workshops
All instructors teaching fully online or hybrid courses are required to be take EDUC 50 or provide proof of previous approved training. If you are interested in developing and teaching a course for a Stipend check out the Online Course Development Proposal Form.
- LATE START Spring 02/17/20-04/24/20 - EDUC 50- Online Course Development, (To find out more about Professional Development, check out the IEC Web page)
- Self-Paced @ONE Course: Introduction to Teaching with Canvas
- A Variety of @ONE Webinars and Training
- Free Access to Lynda.com for California Community Colleges - Lynda.com is available for all California Community College employees at no cost. To learn more, watch the introductory movie about the service, and watch How to use Lynda.com.
Course Development Resources
Online Course Design Rubric - updated 10/19/18
Online Course Design Rubric Checklist
Rules of Engagement for NetTutor
Explanation of ROE for NetTutor
OEI Student Success Handbook for Using NetTutor Services
Open Educational Resources
Best Practices for Creating Accessible Word Documents
Columbia Colleges Faculty Distance Education Handbook
The Teach Act- Fair Use and Copyright Information (from ALA)
Columbia College Distance Education Plan
California Community College Chancellor's Office - Distance Education
Updating Faculty Directory Pages
Open Proctoring Policy