In order to be eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony, students must have:
- An approved Application for Graduation and/or approved Application for Certificate of Achievement on file with the Evaluator in the Admissions & Records Office
- Completed all of the required course work for their award
- A Graduation Participation Form submitted to the Graduation Committee
- completed his/her Graduation Checklist
- Personal Information Cards (PIC)
Commencement Ceremony Procedures
The Commencement Ceremony is scheduled from pre-ceremony to reception. View the overall schedule here.
Two students will be selected as student commencement speakers: Student Address and Student Farewell. Graduates interested in applying for Student Speaker for the Commencement should submit:
- A completed Graduation Participation Form
- A draft of proposed speech
The completed packet must be delivered to the Counseling Office (Upper Manzanita) by Friday, April 14, 2017, 4:30 p.m. It may be hand delivered or mailed to:Doralyn C. Foletti Student Outreach Department Columbia College 11600 Columbia College Dr. Sonora, CA 95370
The Commencement speech should be roughly five minutes in length, focus on graduation, and be of broad general interest for graduates, family members, faculty, administrators, and guests.
Academic Regalia (Printable copy of prices)
All candidates for graduation may obtain academic regalia from the Manzanita Bookstore beginning April 3, 2017 through April 28, 2017. The Manzanita Bookstore will be closing at 3 p.m. the day of graduation, April 28, 2017.
- Cap/Gown/Tassel will be $40.84 (tax included)
- The Manzanita Bookstore is no longer able to rent academic regalia.
- Distinction Cords - Gold Distinction cords will be issued to students graduating with Distinction with a cumulative grade point average of 3.75 or better in all degree applicable and transferable college work. The Manzanita Bookstore will have a listing of eligible Distinction candidates.
- Honors Cords - Silver Honors cords will be issued to students graduating with Honors with a cumulative grade point average between 3.50 and 3.74 in all degree applicable and transferable college work. The Manzanita Bookstore will have a listing of eligible Honor candidates.
- Veterans Cords - Red, white and blue cords are available to graduating Veteran students from Lesley Michtavy, in Admissions & Records.
- Diploma Covers are $10.00
(Printable copy of prices)
Graduation announcements may be purchased at the Manzanita Bookstore beginning April 3, 2017. (Prices slashed for close out)
- Package of 10 for $12.95, NOW $7.00 (these prices do not include sales tax)
- $1.35 each, NOW $0.70 (these prices do not include sales tax)
Graduates are encouraged to attend graduation rehearsal, Thursday, April 27, 2017, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Carkeet Park Amphitheater (Oak 9 in case of inclement weather).
Photo packages offered by Sierra Photography. All prices include shipping.
- Package 1: 4 3x5, 8 wallets - $20
- Package 2: 3 5x7, 16 wallets - $25
- Package 3: 2 5x7, 4 3x5, 8 wallets - $30
- Package 4: 1 8x10, 2 5x7, 16 wallets - $35
- Package 5: 16 wallets - $20