Student Information and Resources
Welcome to the Community Education student information and resources page. Below you will find general information regarding our registration, refund, and cancellation policies. If you have specific questions or inquiries, please call our office at 209.588.5087. Se habla español.
Registration and Refund Policies
There are a number of different ways to register for your Community Education class.
Online: On our registration website, you can click the links to view the courese in each category. To register for a class, click the "add to cart" link (you may remove a class from the cart if you change your mind). Some classes that are full may have some space or a waiting list - to inquire about these classes please contact our office.
Important Note: If this is your first time using our registration site, you will need to create a new account. This is a one time process and, in the future, you will not need to re-enter your information.
Telephone: You can enroll in a class over the phone with your Visa or MasterCard. Call our office at 209-588-5087 to register over the phone. Please have the name of the class and your credit card information ready for a smooth registration process.
Drop by our office and register for your class. We are located at:
11600 Columbia College Dr.
Sonora, CA 95370
Our office is on the upper level of the Manzanita building. Office hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (please note in the summer our office is closed on Fridays)
Liability Waiver: In order to participate in community education classes ALL registered participants MUST complete the Release of Liability Waiver. Failure to complete the waiver before your class start date will void your registration. No refunds will be processed if a liability waiver is not signed.
To fill out the liability waiver, click here. Once you have completed filling out the form, you can email it to email@example.com or give it to your instructor during the first class session.
Payment for Classes
Payment for classes is due at the time of registration. We accept cash, check (personal, business, or online) as well as Visa or MasterCard. Pre-registration is important. If we do not reach the minimum number of participants necessary we reserve the right to cancel any class prior to the start date.
Class Cancellation Policy
We do not like to cancel classes; however, sometimes it is necessary to cancel before the first meeting when enrollments do not reach a minimum. If we do not have enough students registered for a class prior to its start date, it will be cancelled. Every effort is made to notify registered students of the cancellation, by phone and/or by email. For this reason, we must have a current daytime phone number and email address on file. Your registration might be the one that enables the class to be held so register early!
- Checks will be returned if requested classes are already closed or cancelled by the Community Education office.
- Refunds will only be granted if your request is received by the Community Education office, in written form, a minimum of ten (10) working days prior to the first class meeting. PLEASE NOTE: a 10% processing fee per class will be retained on all student initiated cancellations for those registrations that were processed online. If your registration was paid by credit or debit card, the refund will go back on to the same card that was used in the transaction.
- Important Notice Regarding Bus/Day Trips: If we do not receive a cancellation notice from student ten (10) working days prior to the day of the trip you will be charged the full ticket of admission price associated with the trips point of destination.
- Refunds will not be granted once a scheduled class has begun and no refunds will be issued for missed classes or absences - no exceptions.
- If you paid for your class with a check, a refund check will be mailed to you by the Columbia College Business Office within 4-6 weeks.
You will be automatically emailed a receipt of the transaction which is your confirmation of your enrollment in to the class. If you do not find a receipt in your email in-box, please check your spam folder in the event it was directed there.
Navigating Columbia College
Please make sure to double check the catalog as not all community education classes are held on campus. For those that are held on campus, you can find information on directions to campus, parking, and maps here.