The Veterans Services Office welcomes you to Columbia College. Our role is to provide support to veterans and qualified dependents in accessing entitled veterans educational benefits. We also serve as a liaison between veteran students and the Department of Veterans Affairs in the certification process as well as other campus programs and resources.
The certification process for accessing your educational benefits should be completed 6 weeks prior to the beginning of the term in order to allow time for the Department of Veterans Affairs to process your claim. Students starting the process at a later time should expect a delay in funding. Click here to apply for VA Education Benefits through the VONAPP website.
We thank you for your military service and we look forward to assisting you in your academic endeavors!
The Certification Process
Access the certification process checklist here, beginning with contacting your School Certifying Official-Kelsie Bonavia at (209) 588-5272.
If you are receiving veterans education benefits through Columbia College, please remember to submit a new Request for Certification of Enrollment Form each semester to continue to receive your benefits. Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing. The form is also available in the Financial Aid and Veterans Benefits Office.
Veteran students are eligible for Level 1 priority registration at Columbia College (the earliest opportunity to register for classes). To receive a priority registration date, a veteran student must provide a copy of their DD-214 to the Veterans Services Office as well as complete the matriculation process, i.e. take the math and English assessment tests, attend a Columbia College orientation, and meet with a counselor to create an educational plan. To view which of these tasks you still need to complete, click "Registration Date & Time" on connectColumbia or contact the Counseling Office at (209) 588-5109.
Thursday, December 10th, 2015
Upper Manzanita Study Room 201
VA Mobile Medical Outreach
Come join us for services provided by the VA Palo Alto Health Care System Rural Health Mobile Medical Team. No appointment necessary! Please bring a copy of your DD-214 and a list of your medications for the doctor to review..
Veterans Resource Day
Feb 23, 2015
March 26, 2015
April 23, 2015
10:00am - 2:00pm
Columbia College Financial Aid & Veterans Services Office in Sequoia 110
Come join us for services provided by the VA Palo Alto Health Care System Rural Health Mobile Medical Team. No appointment necessary! Please bring a copy of your DD-214 and a list of your medications for the doctor to review.
Veterans Day Community Events and Deals
Click the individual links below for event details
- Applebee's Free Meal (all US locations)
- Calaveras Veterans Day Events
- National Parks Free Admission Day (Yosemite, etc.)
- Women Saluting Women (Twain Harte)
- Veterans Day Train Ride (Jamestown)
- Veterans Day Remembrance (Columbia)
- Veterans Day Parade (Copperopolis)
- Veterans Day Parade (Jackson)
- Veterans Day Remembrance (Columbia)
Veterans Benefits Contact Information
- Education: 1-888-442-4551 (1-888-GI BILL 1)
Monthly Verification of Attendance
(Chapter 30,1606 and 1607 ONLY)
- Other VA Benefits: 1-800-827-0648
- Debt Management Center: 1-800-827-0648
- Change of Address or Direct Deposit: 1-877-838-2778
- eBenefits: www.ebenefits.va.gov
- GI Bill Benefits Website: www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
- Student Veterans of America
- Scholarship Opportunities For Veteran Students
- Information about Veterans Educational Benefits
- Self-certify your monthly enrollment (Chapter 30, 1606 and 1607 ONLY)
- Semester Hour Equivalency (Summer Pay / Enrollment)
- GI Jobs: "Your Guide to Civilian Success"
- VA Educational Benefits Rate Tables