The Veterans Benefits Office welcomes you to Columbia College. Our role is to provide support to veterans and qualified dependents in accessing entitled veterans educational benefits. We also serve as a liaison between veteran students, the Department of Veterans Affairs in the certification process as well as other campus programs and resources.
Your first step in activating your benefits is to meet with the Columbia College Veterans Certifying Official. Please choose a Veterans Educational Benefits Orientation at the link below. Once you have done so, please call 209.588.5105 to RSVP.
This process should be completed 6 weeks prior to the beginning of the term in order to allow time for the Veterans Affairs to process your educational claim. Students starting the process at a later time should expect a delay in funding.
We thank you for your military service and we look forward to assisting you in your academic endeavors!
Columbia College provides priority registration to all students with a veteran status. All veteran students who are not using Veterans Educational Benefits must provide a copy of their Member 4 DD214 to the Veterans Benefits Office. Only students who have a current admission application on file will be assigned an early priority registration date. If you are not a continuing student and are returning after a leave of absence with the college, please call the Admissions & Records Office to ensure your application is current.
Get Started at Columbia College:
- Attend a Veterans Educational Benefits Orientation (for veterans only)
- Attend a Veterans Educational Benefits Orientation (for dependents of a 100% disabled or deceased veteran only)
Veteran Student Newsletters:
- November 2010 Issue
- January 2011 Issue
- March 2011 Issue
- July 2011 Issue
- October 2011 Issue
- November 2012 Issue
Columbia College Modern Veterans Club
- Club Publication November 2010
- November 2010 Meeting Minutes
- February 2011 Agenda
- February 2011 Meeting Minutes
- March 2011 Agenda
- Club Promotional Flyer
- September 2011 Agenda
- Request for Certification of Enrollment
- Scholarship Opportunities For Veteran Students
- Information about Veterans Educational Benefits
- Apply for your GI Bill online
- Break Pay
- VA Educational Benefits Debt Info
- Self-certify your monthly enrollment (Chapter 30 only)
- California State Approving Agency for Veterans Information
- Semester Hour Equivalency (Summer Pay / Enrollment)
Opportunity for additional funding:
- Off campus scholarship opportunity available to Veterans of Iraqi Operation Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom