Please visit the Columbia College Catalog page for catalogs and addenda.
2023-2024 Columbia College Catalog Production
Catalog production is the outcome of an annual cycle of curriculum review and revision (courses and awards), as well as changes in policy and relevant information across the College and District. While the bulk of catalog production takes place in early spring semester, all curriculum updates for that catalog will have been approved between January and November of the previous year. Read below for more information on the various types of revisions and their timelines.
What drives catalog revisions and when?
Curriculum approved in the current academic year will be included in the following academic year's catalog. The curriculum launch date for inclusion in the 2023-2024 catalog is October 21, 2022. Please see the 2022-23 Curriculum Meeting Schedule for all Committee meeting dates, workshops, and deadlines.
- Courses and awards are updated through the review and approval process of the College's Curriculum Committee, district governing board (YCCD Board of Trustees), California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office, and ACCJC/WASC Accreditation Commissions. Curriculum revisions included in the 2023-24 catalog are those approved by the Curriculum Committee between 1/18/22 and 11/29/22 (all curriculum must be submitted by the 10/21/22 launch deadline).
- Course articulation information, including CSU/UC "transferability," CSU/IGETC breadth pattern information, C-ID, AP, and more, is monitored and facilitated by the college Articulation Officer, Juan Pablo Sanchez. Contact the Articulation Officer for specific articulation timelines. Articulation approvals received after the catalog is published will be included in the "Catalog Change Log (Addendum)" typically published in summer.
- "Soft content"- content that is non-curricular in scope, is revised annually through a campus-wide revision process facilitated by the Curriculum Specialist via content experts. In the fall, the Curriculum Specialist requests non-curricular catalog updates from content experts for the next year's catalog. Soft-content review is open until the end of January (governance groups in need of policy revision approvals should plan for approval at their January meeting at the latest).
Catalog Production Timelines
Catalog Production Timelines ensure that revisions to policy and procedure are updated in accordance with College and District policy. IMPORTANT: The 2023-2024 catalog will be a FALL-START catalog, however, the move to a fall-start catalog will not affect the curriculum review or catalog production timelines. The 2023-24 fall-start Catalog will be in effect for the following terms: FA23, SP24, SU24.
- 2023-24 Catalog Production Timeline (available in early Fall)
- 2022-23 Catalog Production Timeline