You can stay safe by taking the following steps:
- When walking on campus at night, stay on the lit walkways and routes. Avoid taking unlit dirt pathways.
- Whenever possible, walk with a friend or group.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Report any suspicious persons or questionable activities to Campus Security at 588-5167. The Campus Security office is located in Public Safety Center adjacent to the Columbia College Fire House.
- Familiarize yourself with the campus layout and locations of red Emergency Phones and Emergency Call boxes throughout campus. These locations can be found on the campus map.
- Familiarize yourself with the Columbia College Safety Report for valuable information on safety services, policies, and programs. The report is available from the Security and Parking Information page on the college web site or from the Campus Security office.
- Use the evening campus shuttle. The shuttle bus runs a continuous loop around the campus perimeter from 5:30 pm–9:30 pm. The shuttle offers free rides from the classroom buildings to the student parking lot.
- Security is available 24/7 to assist and serve our students. Security can provide safety escort upon request.
- DSP&S offers students with mobility limitations free campus tram transportation. Call 588-5134 for more information.