It is your responsibility to:
- Review all information about a school's program before enrolling.
- Pay special attention to your application for student financial aid, complete it accurately, and submit it on time to the right place. Errors can delay financial aid. Intentional misreporting of information on application forms for financial aid is a criminal offense subject to penalties. Aid awarded due to inaccurate information will have to be repaid.
- Submit all paperwork by the deadline.
- Submit all paperwork to Columbia College Student Financial Services in Manzanita
- Respond promptly and return all additional documentation, verification, corrections, and/or new information requested by the financial aid office or the agency to which you submitted applications.
- Read, understand, and keep copies of all forms that you sign.
- Notify the lender within 10 days of changes in your name, permanent mailing address, and school status.
- Repay the loan according to the repayment schedule. Payment is required even if you do not get a bill.
- Do not wait for the lender to contact you; write and request a repayment schedule.
- If you cannot make a payment or think no payment is due, contact your lender and request a deferment of repayment, forbearance, hardship extension, or in-school extension.
- Understand the school's refund procedures.
34 CFR 685.301(a)(8) Origination of a loan by a Direct Loan Program school
(i) The determination is made on a case-by-case basis;
(ii) The documentation supporting the determination is retained in the student's file; and
(iii) The school does not engage in any pattern or practice that results in a denial of a borrower's access to Direct Loans because of the borrower's race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability status, or income.