Signs of a Problem
Many students experiment with drugs and alcohol in college, and it can be difficult to tell when the use of such substances becomes a problem — especially in yourself. Generally, it’s time for concern when drug or alcohol use interferes with your daily life: your relationships, your studies, or the activities that keep your life on track. Learn more at startyourrecovery.org
Also check these resources out:
- Live Another Day - Extensive information on mental health and substance use resources for people of color. Their mission is equal access to life-saving resources. They have guides for black, Latinx, Asian, and native people.
- Detox Local - An extensive list of mental health and substance use resources specifically for the AAPI (American Asian and Pacific Islander) community.
- Addictions.com - A website that provides assistance with locating addiction resources and treatment. Outlines the treatment process of getting sober, interventions, drug and alcohol detox, behavioral therapy, rehabilitation, and relapse prevention.
- Rehabs.org - A website that details the process of finding an addiction treatment program. Answers questions related to cost, importance, insurance coverage, and more.
- Narcotics.com - A website that assists in finding support for addiction.