The Human Services Certificate of Achievement is a program of study to prepare students for entry level employment in the helping field. Students will be able to assist clients in identifying and moving toward goals, and demonstrate active and empathetic listening skills.
Peer Support & Psychosocial Rehabilitation
This Skills Attainment Certificate is designed for the peer counselor to gain skills in helping, conflict resolution as well as understand the role and design of a peer counselor. It will help students learn how to apply fundamental knowledge of the theories, principles, values, and ethics of psychosocial rehabilitation.
Core classes include:
- Introduction to Helping Skills
- Intermediate Helping and Basic Conflict Management Skills
Related electives include:
- Psychology of Adjustment
- Child, Family, and Community
- Sociology of the Family
- Introduction to Small Group and Team Communication
- Career/Life Planning
- Personal Growth and Development
- Introduction to Drugs and Behavior
- Introduction to Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- American Society: Social Problems and Deviance
- Ethnicity and Ethnic Relations in America
- Computer Concepts and Information Systems
Please see a counselor for the best courses to meet your specific goals.