Health career workers, like nurses and nutritionists, are in high demand and Columbia College offers many programs to prepare you. If you know exactly what path you want to study, click on the link below to find that Program of Study information. If you know the general idea of a health related field is what you want to pursue, find the Launchpad below for a list of good classes to get you started in that direction.
Programs of Study
- Health Care
- Allied Health & Pre-Nursing
- Nutrition & Dietetics (new degree in 2020-2021)
- Public Health Science
- Nursing Assistant (CNA offered at Columbia through MJC)
- Medical Assisting (coming soon - offered in partnership with MJC and Adventist Health Sonora)
Related fields you might be interested in:
- Pre-Med Preparation (Biology)
- Kinesiology (Pre-Physical Therapy)
- Emergency Medical Technician
- General Education
Launchpad - Getting Started!
Here's a great first semester plan!
We call it a Launchpad... a group of classes that will get you exploring and moving toward your goals, even if you are still trying to figure out what those specific goals are!
Launchpad: Health Care (14-15 units)