Children & Teaching
This interest area focuses on child development, human development, and teaching preparation programs. Students may be interested in pursuing a career working with children or families in a variety of environments, such as elementary school, preschool or working in childcare. If you know exactly what path you want to study, click on the link below to find that Program of Study information. If you know the general idea of a this field is what you want to pursue, find the Launchpad below for a list of good classes to get you started in that direction.
Programs of Study
- Child Development & Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Teacher Education
- Learning Design & Technology (skills certificate for developing online courses)
Related programs you may be interested in:
- General Education
- Social & Behavioral Sciences (link to Advising Guide)
- Prep for Secondary Education (major in area you want to teach: English, Science, Math, etc.)
Get started with a Launchpad
Here's a great first semester plan!
We call it a Launchpad... a group of classes that will get you exploring and moving toward your goals, even if you are still trying to figure out what those specific goals are!
Launchpad: Children & Teaching (15-16 units)