Columbia College is a unique institution of higher learning nestled in one of the most beautiful regions of the state. The College is comprised of highly qualified, talented and accomplished faculty, staff and administrators who dedicate themselves to improving the educational experience for students and the community. To that end, each of the instructional programs, services and courses identify their learning outcomes in terms of meeting goals. These goals are also synthesized within the scope of the College Mission Statement, the Institutional Learning Outcomes, and the Strategic Plan.
Based on the aggregate of the program evaluations, the College establishes its priorities and allocates resources in order to build upon, and strengthen its institutional capacity. The most recent chronicle of college-wide discussions that have resulted in informed, data-driven programmatic goals and positive outcomes for the students can be found in:
- In July 2017, the Board of Trustees approved the Columbia College Institutional Self Evaluation Report (ISER) in support of Columbia's reaffirmation of accreditation. (The ACCJC site team visit will occur October 3-5, 2017).
- In a May 2017 a team representing the Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative of CCCCO and the RP Group provided a thorough evaluation of, and recommendations for the college's ongoing improvements for outcomes assessment, planning and the technology that supports program evaluations.
- The six College Goals with measurable objectives were adopted in 2016-2017.
- In October 2016, Columbia College was awarded a Title III cooperative grant for "Improving Institutional Effectiveness and Student Retention through Increased Engagement and data-Informed Decision-Making."
- The Columbia College 2016-2021 Strategic Plan,
- The 2016 Institutional Learning Outcomes,
- The 2016 Mission Statement,
- The Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative Standards
- The 2016 Annual Accreditation Report and Institution Standards
The left sidebar contains links related to integrated planning resources, supporting documents, reports and resources. If you need more information, or have questions, please contact the Office of Institutional Research and Planning.