To apply to the EOPS program, you must fit the following criteria:
Be a California resident, AB540 student or Dream Act student
- Have completed less than 70 Associate level units.
- Enrolled in 12 units during your first semester in EOPS. On a very limited basis, students in unique situations are permitted to enter EOPS with 9 units. Additionally, exceptions are made for students enrolled in Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS).
- Qualify to receive the California College Promise Grant (CCPG "A" or "B") This is assessed by completing your FAFSA (Financial Aid application).
Have an Educational Disadvantage. You need only ONE of the below educational disadvantages:
- First generation college student (neither of your parents received a Bachelor’s degree)
- Belong to one of these populations: African American, Hispanic, Asian, American Indian LGBT
- High school GPA was below 2.5 (high school transcripts must be on file)
- Student was enrolled in remedial education in high school or college (transcript must be on file)
- Student did not graduate from high school, nor received a GED
- Current or former foster youth
- Primary language spoken in the home is/was not English
- Eligible for basic skills Math or English class. This includes Math 602 (pre-algebra) and English 650 (English Fundamentals)
CLICK HERE to fill out our online application.
Continuing EOPS Students:
EOPS is committed to your success, and toward that goal, our philosophy is to hold you accountable to the EOPS Student Responsibilities listed in the Mutual Responsibilities Contract.
Students who have completed less than 70 associate level, degree applicable units will remain eligible for EOPS until they reach 70 units. In addition, a student must meet all of student responsibilities as stated in the Mutual Responsibilities Contract. Continued eligibility is determined each semester through EOPS Intake.
Click here to view the “EOPS Warning Policies” form provided to you during EOPS intake.
Click here to view the "Time Management" template provided to you during EOPS Intake.
For additional information about EOPS, please call 209.588.5130