University Transfer Resources
We are awaiting our scheduled date for Transfer Day 2020! Students and our college-minded community members of all ages will have the opportunity to talk with university representatives from the UC, CSU and private school systems, as well as Columbia College! For questions about Transfer Day, contact Mary Watts at email@example.com or 209.588.5273. The following colleges have attended our Transfer Day event in the past:
- Academy of Art
- Air Force ROTC Sac State
- Arizona State University
- Brandman University
- California State University, Chico
- California State University, Sacramento
- California State University, Stanislaus
- California State University, Stanislaus Teacher Recruitment and Retention Program
- Cogswell College
- Columbia College
- Humphreys University
- National University
- Orbis Education
- Simpson University
- University of California, Davis
- University of California, Merced
- University of California, San Diego
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- University of the Pacific
- William Jessup University
Columbia College Counselors answers to FAQs regarding transfer, anything from unit requirements and general education patterns to how and when to apply to universities.
California Colleges & Universities
- Direct access to articulation agreements with other CA colleges (UC & CSU) indicating which courses taken at Columbia are comparable with specific courses at the transfer school of choice.
- Explore majors offered at UC/CSU campuses, as well as the major coursework required from Columbia to meet the requirements for transfer.
- Cal State Apply: CSU hub where you can apply to California State University Campuses, and research and compare offerings at CSU schools.
- A Degree with a Guarantee Program: Through this joint transfer program, community college students who complete an AA-T or AS-T degree will be guaranteed admission to the CSU system and enter with guaranteed junior standing. Students who are admitted to a program that has been deemed similar will need only 60 more semester units (or 90 quarter units) to complete a bachelor's degree. Students who complete an AA-T or AS-T will be given a special GPA advantage when applying to CSU impacted campuses or majors. See Columbia's approved AA-T and AS-T programs here.
- UC Admissions Information: for all University of California campuses, application dates and tips on applying
- UC Transfer Admission Planner: UC's online program designed to help CA Community College students plan for their transfer to UC. This doesn't replace the need to meet with your community college counselor but it does help the UC's communicate with you and your community college counselor about meeting their requirements effectively.
- UC TAG: Seven UC campuses offer guaranteed transfer admission to students from all California Community Colleges (CCC). Interested students must meet campus-specific requirements to qualify for a UC TAG. By participating in a TAG program, you can ensure your admission to a specific UC campus, some of which offer an early review of your academic record, early admission notification, and specific guidance on major preparation and general education coursework.
Other helpful California College Information:
- California Colleges Information: College and career planning in California for students, parents and educators; includes information about community colleges, public & private universities, financial aid, transferring, and career exploration tools.
- California Community Colleges: Explore the 115 California Community Colleges, programs, locations, and statistics, as well as other career builder and financial aid resources.
- Private California Colleges and Universities Information: Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU) represents 75 California independent, non-profit colleges and universities.
- Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE): With WUE, out-of-state students pay no more than 150% of in-state tuition at participating schools, compared with nonresident rates that can exceed 300% of in-state rates. Explore website to find participating schools and programs.
- US News Best Colleges: U.S. News provides nearly 50 different types of numerical rankings and lists to help students narrow their college search. From National Universities and Liberal Arts Colleges to A-Plus Schools for B Students, find the right one for you.