Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Testing
Columbia College is proud to offer ASE testing. As an ASE Satellite Testing Center, Columbia College offers tests periodically on pre-determined dates. Please read the information below to learn how to schedule a test.
Please read before calling to schedule a test.
Scheduling an Appointment:
- Visit ASE's website to register and pay for test(s): https://www.ase.com/About-ASE/myASE.aspx. Once registered and paid, ASE will issue an 8-digit ASE Eligibility ID (ex: ASE-1234-5678). You must have an ASE ID to schedule an appointment at Columbia. Have the ASE ID # ready when calling Columbia.
- Once you have registered and paid for your tests through ASE, call the Columbia College ASE Test Appointment Line to schedule your test. Please note that Columbia College tests in four-hour increments and will stop testing once the four hour limit has been reached, even if a tester has tests remaining. Testers who have registered for more than four hours’ worth of testing must be aware of this time limit and will be responsible for finding a testing center at which to take the remaining tests. Columbia College Test Appointment Line: 209-588-2173
If a testing date you want at Columbia is full, search the ASE website for the next closest testing location: http://www.ase.com/Tests/ASE-Certification-Tests/Find-a-Test-Center.aspx or wait until Columbia's next testing date.
What to Bring to the Test: Testers must bring these two items:
- ASE ID
- Government-issued Photo ID with signature (i.e. Driver License)
Columbia College requires testers to cancel their appointment within two days of the test by calling the Columbia College ASE Test Appointment Line: 209-588-2173
11600 Columbia College Drive
Sonora, CA 95370
Click here for directions
Testing is in the Buckeye Building (Buckeye 4)
Please park in the Staff/Faculty/Visitor Parking Lot. Testers do not need to pay for parking.
Click here for a campus map
Contact ASE to:
- Register or pay for a test
- Discuss a refund, test expiration dates or ask any ASE test questions
- Obtain your ASE ID number
- Obtain prior test results
- 1-877-346-9327 Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm or http://www.ase.com/Tests/ASE-Certification-Tests/Computer-Based-Testing-(CBT)/Frequently-Asked-Questions.aspx
Contact the Columbia College Test Line to:
- Schedule a test (after registering and paying ASE)
- Arrange for handicap access
- The Columbia College Test Line and Test Proctor cannot answer ASE questions.