TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded program designed to provide students a structured and supportive learning experience that propels the student towards their chosen academic goal in a timely manner. TRiO SSS is designed to increase the student's likelihood of success by guiding the student through intensive, structured activities that help the student stay in college and complete their educational goals quickly, with the highest GPA possible.
ALL SERVICES ARE FREE to enrolled students.
TRiO SSS is for students who are seeking a certificate or AA/AS degree, and plan to transfer to a 4-year University.
Benefits offered in the TRiO SSS Program are:
- Peer Mentoring
- Priority Academic Counseling
- Advising and workshops for career planning, scholarship applications, the financial aid process, navigating transfer to 4-year universities
- Field trips to universities and cultural enrichment
- Potential grant aid
- Priority registration and MUCH MORE!
To apply for TRiO SSS services each student must attend an Information Session. Dates and times can be downloaded here: Fall 2013. During the Information Session student will learn, in detail, what the program offers and student responsibilities. Students will then be interviewed by the Project Director in order to approve enrollment into the program services. Once enrolled, students will participate in activities, counseling, and peer mentoring designed to guide them carefully through complex higher education system, leading towards graduation and transfer to a university.
Application forms can also be obtained in Manzanita 17 or they can be downloaded here: TRiO Application 2013-14. Please turn in completed applications in Manzanita 17 by August 1st to be considered for enrollment for Fall 2013.
Eligibility for the TRiO SSS program is based upon meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- First-generation college student, (neither parent completed a Bachelor's degree)
- Low-income (verification will be checked according to federal guidelines at intake)
- Disabled (verification through DSPS office)
Additional Eligibility Criteria:
- MUST be seeking a certificate or degree (AS or AA), and planning to transfer to a 4-year university.
- Have an academic need for assistance (tutoring, study skills, mentoring, etc)
- Be motivated to achieve!