TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded program designed to provide students a structured and supportive learning experience that propels the student towards their chosen academic goal in a timely manner. TRiO SSS is designed to increase the student's likelihood of success by guiding the student through intensive, structured activities that help the student stay in college and complete their educational goals quickly, with the highest GPA possible.
ALL SERVICES ARE FREE to enrolled students.
TRiO SSS is for students who are seeking a certificate or AA/AS degree, and plan to transfer to a 4-year University.
Benefits offered in the TRiO SSS Program are:
- Peer Mentoring
- Priority Academic Counseling
- Advising and workshops for career planning, scholarship applications, the financial aid process, navigating transfer to 4-year universities
- Field trips to universities and cultural enrichment
- Potential grant aid
- Priority registration and MUCH MORE!
To apply for TRiO SSS services each student must complete an application, attend an Information Session, and be interviewed by the Project Director. During the Information Session students will learn, in detail, what the program offers and student responsibilities. Students will then be interviewed by the Project Director in order to approve enrollment into the program services. Once enrolled, students will participate in activities, counseling, and peer mentoring designed to guide them carefully through the complex higher education system, leading towards graduation and transfer to a university.
- Pick up and return an application to our TRiO SSS offices, located in Sequoia 120. (Look for Drop Box in front of office 121).
- Applications can also be downloaded here: TRiO Application 2013-14.
- Attend an Information Session
- Check your email after you turn in your application for Information Session dates and times .
- Sign-up for an Information Session by following the instructions in the email sent to you.
- Intake Interview
- Sign-up for Intake Interview with the Project Director; sign-ups taken at the Information Session.
- Attend the Intake Interview to determine if you are able to enroll.
- Determination made at the Intake Interview with Project Director.
Eligibility for the TRiO SSS program is based upon meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- First-generation college student, (neither parent completed a Bachelor's degree) OR
- Low-income (verification will be checked according to federal guidelines at intake) OR
- Disabled (verification through DSPS office)
Additional Eligibility Criteria, students must:
- Be seeking a certificate or degree (AS or AA), AND planning to transfer to a 4-year university.
- Have an academic need for assistance (tutoring, study skills, mentoring, etc)
- Be motivated to achieve!