The First Semester Experience Program (FSE) at Columbia College is a unique learning community that is designed to boost success in pursuing college goals. FSE consists of a series of orientation activities, programs, and courses to help students ease into the demands and challenges of college life, forge connections with counselors, faculty, staff and peers, and prepare for academic and personal success at Columbia...and beyond!
Our TOP 10 about FSE:
- FSE and Campus Orientation
- All books & materials provided/loaned at no cost
- A full 12-unit course load carefully scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays: Math 602: Pre-Algebra (4 units), English 151: Preparation for College Composition (5 units), and Guidance 100: College Success (3 units)
- Academic Advising and Counseling
- Development of an Educational Plan
- Built in Math Tutoring
- Utilize Tutoring Center for Papers
- Individual meetings with FSE Teaching Team
- Learning and utilizing campus resources for student success, how to study and gaining confidence for tackling the next level of college coursework
- Gaining a 'family' of friends, faculty and mentors, working together to accomplish academic and life goals
- Assessment and placement into English 151 and Math 602.
- Desire and ability to attend college classes from 8:15 am to 4:20 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Willingness to work hard in a supportive setting and achieve life-changing goals.
First Semester Experience Teaching Team:
Alic ia Kolstad ; FSE Coordinator and Guidance 100
Annie Cavagnaro; Math 602
Sara Shier; English 151