Columbia College is committed to providing CalWORKs and TANF recipients with programs and services, through collaboration with our community partners, which assist them in reaching their goals and prepare them for careers that lead to self-sufficiency. We want to help you climb the ladder to success!
CalWORKs Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to develop an appropriate educational plan.
- Demonstrate knowledge of campus support services including deadlines for application to various resources; such as but not limited to EOPS/CARE, Financial Aid and DSPS.
- Demonstrate self-advocacy skills.
Columbia College CalWORKs Program works in conjunction with local Departments of Social Service to provide the following direct student support services:
- Priority Registration
- Ongoing Career and Academic Counseling
- Work-Study opportunities
- Childcare Assistance and Referrals
- Textbooks (Book Loan Program)
- Financial Aid Application Assistance
- Monthly Attendance Report Verification
- Textbook/Supply Voucher Assistance
- Transportation Assistance
- Referrals to Other Programs and Services
- California College Scholarship - Search
More information can be found at the following links:
- Program Eligibility
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Job Placement Services
- Student Support Services
- Student Handbook
- Rules for CalWORKs Welfare to Work Activities (10/12)