Columbia College is committed to providing CalWORKs and TANF recipients with programs and services, through collaboration with our community partners, which assist them in reaching their goals and prepare them for careers that lead to self-sufficiency. We want to help you climb the ladder to success!
Support Services Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Articulate their academic goal with confidence.
- Identify and access campus support resources; demonstrating knowledge of specific support services deadlines.
- Advocate for themselves, both as college students and social services clients.
- Demonstrate knowledge of job search techniques and career exploration methods.
Columbia College CalWORKs Program works in conjunction with local Departments of Social Service to provide the following direct student support services:
- Priority Registration
- Ongoing Career and Academic Counseling
- Work-Study opportunities
- Childcare Assistance and Referrals
- Textbooks (Book Loan Program)
- Financial Aid Application Assistance
- Monthly Attendance Reports
- Textbook/Supply Voucher Assistance
- Transportation Assistance
- Referrals to Other Programs and Services
- California College Scholarship - Search
More information can be found at the following links:
- Program Eligibility
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Job Placement Services
- Student Support Services
- Student Handbook
- Rules for CalWORKs Welfare to Work Activities (10/12)