Columbia College Scholarships and Awards
The Columbia College Foundation works with dozens of community donors to offer scholarships and awards to Columbia College students. Scholarships and award opportunities are available for students in all fields of study. GPA and other selection criteria vary. With our online scholarship application, students can apply for more than 80 opportunities with one online application. Use your student email to log in and check the website often for updates and new opportunities. Watch for 2015 award announcements in early April.
SPRING 2015 OPPORTUNITIES:
Columbia College Music Scholarships: Various. Apply by Thursday, March 12, 2015. Click here to apply . Audition required on campus March 19, 2015. Complete (or update) the general application by Thursday, March 12. You will be contacted with audition details. Opportunities: Roberta Hughes Memorial Scholarship, Ben Vogel Memorial Scholarship, Omega Nu:Gloria Vilas Memorial Scholarship, John and Millie Wise Memorial Scholarship and Cornelius Bumpus Jazz Awards.
NEW OPPORTUNITY -- Aaron Plowman Memorial Scholarship for Literature. Apply by Friday, March 20, 2015. Click here to apply. Complete (or update) the general application, then click on the Aaron Plowman scholarship and answer two additional questions.This scholarship honors the memory of Aaron Plowman, a former Columbia College student, gifted writer and avid adventurer. It is the intent of this scholarship to assist a deserving student with the cost of enrollment in the Columbia College English course "Shakespeare Live," which includes a one-week trip to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, Oregon, from May 4-May 9. Open to all Columbia College students students, must have 2.5 GPA and must enroll in English 125: Shakespeare Live if awarded.
Jordan Reyes Columbia Fire Academy Scholarship. Apply by Friday, March 27, 2015. Click here to apply. Open to spring semester Columbia Fire Academy students who are Tuolumne County residents. Preference given to Sonora High School graduates. Complete (or update) the general application, then click on the Jordan Reyes scholarship and answer additional questions.
Help for applicants
- Scholarship instructions Fall 2014 / Spring 2015
- Writing Tips for Personal Statements
- Browse Columbia College Foundation online scholarship opportunities here!
For assistance with your scholarship application, stop by the Career & Transfer Center -- Sequoia Room 109 or the Instructional Technology Center (ITC) -- Tamarack Room 134 or contact the Foundation office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 588-5055.
Off-Campus Scholarship Opportunities
- Fastweb.com -- Scholarship information
- Tuolumne Group of the Sierra Club and Central Sierra Audubon Scholarships (same application link) -- Opportunities for students in natural resources. Submissions due March 15, 2015
- Tuolumne County Women's Network -- Opportunities for women. Submissions due April 1, 2015 and October 1, 2015
- Live Your Dream Award -- Opportunities for women offered by local Soroptimist Clubs. Applications were due November 15. Click for applications and information: Sonora, Twain Harte and Oakdale. Click here for reference forms.