As part of our collection, Columbia College Library provides access to a broad range of information resources, including those available through the Internet. The Internet offers access to many valuable local, national, and international sources of information. We make this service available to fulfill our mission to offer a broadly defined program of informational, educational, recreational and cultural enrichment opportunities for Tuolumne and Calaveras County citizens of all ages and backgrounds. Some Internet sites contain information which one may find inaccurate, controversial or offensive. The Library has no control over the information on the Internet and cannot be held responsible for its content.
It is the Library's policy that parents or legal guardians must assume responsibility for deciding what library resources are appropriate for their children. There will be some resources which parents may feel are inappropriate for their children. Restriction of a child's access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent or guardian; the Library does not have the right or responsibility to act in place of the parent or legal guardian (loco parentis).
The Columbia College Library specifically disclaims any warranty as to the content's accuracy, authoritativeness, timeliness, usefulness, or fitness for a particular purpose. The Library shall have no liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential damages related to the use of the information contained therein.
Responsible Use Agreement
With the freedom and privilege to access computers and the Internet come the responsibility to use this service in a responsible and ethical manner. The following is a partial list of unacceptable uses. Please YCCD Board of Trustees policy 2720 for a complete list.
- Using resources for other than educational, informational, and recreational purposes
- Using resources for unauthorized, illegal or unethical purposes
- Attempting to modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging to the library or others
- Seeking unauthorized access to a computer system or damaging or altering software components of a network or database
- Destruction of or damage to equipment
- Making unauthorized copies of copyrighted or licensed software or data
- Violation of library usage policies and regulations
- Harassment of other users
- Libeling or slandering
- Violation of another user's privacy