A Distance Education Proposal is a separate proposal type in CurricUNET that can be chosen when starting a proposal on a course.
Distance Education Addendum Process
- The “Distance Education” proposal type may be used as a mechanism for allowing faculty to obtain an alternative approval of online and hybrid modalities for approved courses before their five-year review date.
- Distance Education proposals do not fall into the category of a “course modification” and therefore do not require YCCD Board approval.
- The Curriculum Committee may consider and approve D.E. proposals.
- The effective date of an approved Distance Education proposal may be as soon as the semester immediately following approval.
- The effective term for DEAs is to be immediately after the next scheduled offering.
- D.E. proposals are to be viewed as self-contained proposals and do not allow for re-consideration of course content, objectives, etc. that have already been approved.