University Transfer Resources
We are excited to be hosting both Transfer Day and College Night at Columbia College on September 22, 2016! Students and our college-minded community members of all ages will have the opportunity to talk with university representatives from the UC, CSU and private school systems, as well as Columbia College! We have had confirmation of attendance from the following universities for both events as of 9/20/16:
- University of California, Davis
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Merced
- California State University, Stanislaus - main campus (Turlock)
- California State University, Stanislaus - Stockton campus
- California State University, Sacramento
- University of the Pacific
- Grand Canyon University
- Cogswell College
- Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandise (FIDM)
- Art Institute of San Francisco
- Humphreys College (Modesto)
- Columbia College
Columbia College Counselors answers to FAQs regarding transfer, anything from unit requirements and general education patterns to how and when to apply to universities.
- Direct access to articulation agreements with other CA colleges (UC & CSU) indicating which courses taken at Columbia are comparable with specific courses at the transfer school of choice.
- Explore majors offered at UC/CSU campuses, as well as the major coursework required from Columbia to meet the requirements for transfer.
- CSUMentor: CSU hub where you can apply to California State University Campuses, and research and compare offerings at CSU schools.
- A Degree with a Guarantee Program: Through this joint transfer program, community college students who complete an AA-T or AS-T degree will be guaranteed admission to the CSU system and enter with guaranteed junior standing. Students who are admitted to a program that has been deemed similar will need only 60 more semester units (or 90 quarter units) to complete a bachelor's degree. Students who complete an AA-T or AS-T will be given a special GPA advantage when applying to CSU impacted campuses or majors. See Columbia's approved AA-T and AS-T programs here.
- Transfer Admissions Information: for all University of California campuses, application dates and tips on applying
- UC Transfer Admission Planner: UC's online program designed to help CA Community College students plan for their transfer to UC. This doesn't replace the need to meet with your community college counselor but it does help the UC's communicate with you and your community college counselor about meeting their requirements effectively.
- UC TAG: Seven UC campuses offer guaranteed transfer admission to students from all California Community Colleges (CCC). Interested students must meet campus-specific requirements to qualify for a UC TAG. By participating in a TAG program, you can ensure your admission to a specific UC campus, some of which offer an early review of your academic record, early admission notification, and specific guidance on major preparation and general education coursework.
- College and career planning in California for students, parents and educators; includes information about community colleges, public & private universities, financial aid, transferring, and career exploration tools.
- Explore the 112 California Community Colleges, programs, locations, and statistics, as well as other career builder and financial aid resources.
- Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU) represents 75 California private non-profit colleges and universities.