Online Individual Counseling Appointment
If you have a high speed Internet connection and Columbia College transcripts only, this service could be the counseling option for you.
This service utilizes Google Hangout web conferencing technology. To access this service your computer will need the following:
- A high speed Internet connection (dial up does not work)
- Microphone (preferably a noise-cancelling headset microphone)
- Webcam (optional, but great)
- Google+ account (create one, if needed, by watching this tutorial)
- Google video chat plug-in (1st time only, please install a few minutes ahead of appointment)
How to access Online Individual Counseling Appointments:
- Schedule an appointment with the Counseling Office at 209.588.5109.
- When scheduling, indicate that you want an on-line session
- Provide your student ID# and the email address that is connected to your Google+ account.
- Be sure we have your correct phone number in case there is a problem with the online connection.
- Prior to your scheduled appointment time, log into your Google+ account, install the plug-in (if needed)
- Expect a Hangout invitation from the Columbia College Counselor that you scheduled your appointment with (you will likely see their email address ...@yosemite.edu). You will also receive an invite through your email and can access the Hangout that way as well.
- Accept the invitation and join the conversation! A chime will sound on your system signifying the connection has been established.