Columbia College Counselors are dedicated to student success. We are here to assist all students--continuing, new and returning--with educational, career and personal goals to enhance their educational experiences at Columbia and beyond.
How to access a Counselor:
- Individual Counseling (in-person, online & phone)
- Online Counseling Services (NEW!)
- Orientation Sessions (for new students)
- Guidance Courses (see semester schedule for current offerings)
- cccounseling on Facebook to get updates, info, & post questions.
Educational Counseling is designed to:
- Help students make decisions about educational and career goals
- Provide academic planning for certificates, associate degrees, and/or university transfer
- Help students evaluate current academic readiness and plan appropriate coursework
- Assist students to use campus services and resources
- Review transcripts from other institutions for credit applied to certificates and degrees at Columbia College
- Teach students important skills, strategies, and techniques to enhance academic success
- Work with students to resolve personal concerns that may interfere with the ability to succeed
Note: It is highly recommended to meet with a Counselor at least once a semester to discuss progress toward your academic goals, develop or update your Educational Plan (Ed Plan), and learn about important services that enhance student success.