The multimedia industry is one of the fastest growing industry segments in the college's service area. The Multimedia Technician Program offers three skills attainment certificates with a variety of entrepreneurship, multimedia, web development, and digital graphic courses designed to introduce students to cutting-edge multimedia tools and techniques.
The program features a new-state-of-the-art Mac Lab, iPads for classroom use, industry-standard software, and video production equipment.
Please visit our Multimedia Technician Program website.
The overall purpose of the Multimedia Technician certificate is to provide students with a breadth of knowledge in the multimedia field-ultimately, graduates will have a strong baseline knowledge of multimedia software.
This interconnection between artist/graphic-producing side and the technologies/equipment side is intended to prepare students to meet the needs of potential employers.
Faculty collaborate with local high school districts throughout the region, and work with selected business/industry partners to create student internships and facilitate job placements for graduates.
The multimedia courses provide authentic team-building experiences while developing valuable networking skills. Students work collaboratively to solve problems relating to successful multimedia solutions as they prepare for industry jobs.
See the current course catalog (available on campus or online) for course information on the following degrees:
Associate in Science
- Multimedia Technology
Certificates of Achievement
- Multimedia Technician - Web Development
- Multimedia Technician - Digital Media
- Multimedia Web Design
- Digital Graphic Arts
- Website Development
Skills Attainment Certificate
- Multimedia Technician for Entrepreneurs
- Digital Graphic Arts for Entrepreneurs
- Video Production for Entrepreneurs
- Website Development for Entrepreneurs
Multimedia Courses Offered
- Introduction to Digital Multimedia
- Website Development Applications
- Publication Design (Digital and Print)
- Video Production
- Computer Graphics
- Photo Editing for Digital & Print Publications
- Digital 3D Modeling and Animation
- Image Managing & Editing for Digital Photographers
- Social Media Marketing
- Entrepreneurial Marketing