Columbia College offers mathematics courses at the basic skills, associate degree and transfer level. Students pursuing coursework in mathematics will develop appropriate procedural skills, problem-solving skills and attitudes, critical reasoning skills and quantitative literacy.
Students will likely:
- Be effective problem solvers at a level appropriate to the classes taken
- Develop increased mathematical sophistication and technical skills
- Have the confidence and willingness to engage in unfamiliar problems and solve them in their daily or professional lives
- Be able to organize information, reason mathematically and communicate their reasoning to others
- Become more independent learners in mathematics