The Writing Center
The Writing Center offers the following:
- A quiet space dedicated to writing in ALL disciplines
- Drop in writing tutoring available from 2:00pm to 4:00pm, Monday thru Thursday
- Writing Workshops offered by tutors (schedule coming soon)
- Style manuals, handbooks and English textbooks for student use
- Editing/Proofreading supplies: highlighters, pens, pencils, etc.
- A large table and chairs for group or individual work
- Three computers with FREE printing (up to 10 pages per week)
- An inspiring view of the lake
What is drop in writing tutoring?
One tutor will be in the Writing Center from 2:00pm to 4:00pm Monday thru Thursday in order to assist students with writing on a drop in basis-no appointment necessary. Students can still make appointments with tutors to work on writing as well.
Some possible ways students can utilize the drop in writing tutor:
- Brainstorm writing topics/prompts
- Build outlines
- Ask questions related to the writing process
- Review proofreading strategies
- Review formatting and style (MLA, APA, etc.)
- Review rubrics and writing examples provided